Status

He presses a quick kiss to my cheek before hoping off me. "Ah, you feel so tense, Hajime, are you feeling alright?" He asks worriedly. I shiver.

   It's not like I can just up and tell him I'm a little more scared of him now, let alone how terrified I am of how I'm going to be treated by everyone else now because of my status. Yet on the other hand, Sonia seems to be holding up alright. . .

   "Yeah, I'm fine," I decide, "it's nothing." He frowns, skeptical, reaching out and taking my tag in his slender hand, naturally making me stiffen.

   "Ah," He sighs, letting it dangle a moment before releasing it, allowing it to smack against my chest, "you know, Hajime, if you're afraid of being tormented, I can protect you," His eyes gleam, "or. . .maybe you're scared of me?"

   "I-"

   "I'm kidding of course. Although, you do look quite gorgeous in my tag~" He twits. I grit my teeth.

   "How is this fair? I'll never be able to pay you," I complain, "I didn't even want to play."

   "Is that so? Well, I didn't want you to get shot. Do not blame me if your memory is worse." He immediately retorts. I glare up at the slightly taller boy.

   "You could've done something. You could've stopped them!"

   "You don't know them like I do. There are far worse things that could have happened to you," He replies, eyes narrowing, "how about you show some gratitude and be grateful I haven't been doing anything to you, Pochi." He then smiled kindly. "Fear not, I can make things easier on you."

   "I don't need you doing anything else!" I snap. He chuckles lightly.

   "As you wish, Pochi. Now if you all would excuse me, I have to go meet with someone." He says, brushing past us, humming cheerfully as he proceeds to stroll down the hall.

   "Hey Hajime? Are you alright?" Chiaki asks worriedly, touching my arm. I quickly shrug her off.

   "Nothing," I mutter, "I guess I'm just more upset about this than I thought." The warning bell rings and I exhale softly. "I ought to get to class then."

   "Do keep your head up, Hajime!" Sonia encourages cheerfully. I smile back wearily.

   "Sure thing, Sonia."

-

   'Pochi.' 'Trash.' 'Woof Woof.' 'Worthless.'

   Those were just some of the words scattered across my vandalized desk and now burned into my brain. I stare straight down at my lap, muscles tensed as I try to block out all the whispering and snickering all around me.

   This is awful. Damn you, Nagito.

-

   Lunch time couldn't seem to come fast enough.

   I place my books in my locker and shut it with a loud slam, turning away only to find myself faced with a small group of boys. A fiery-red-haired boy with piercing ice-colored eyes, a brunet with corn-shaped hair and greyish eyes, and a short brunet with bright green eyes.

   "I-have we met?" I ask cautiously. The redhead in the center snorts.

   "As if a loser like you would be worthy."

   He reaches forward and shoves me harshly against my locker, nearly knocking the breath out of me. I tense, staring back at them warily. "I-I don't want any trouble." I try to say before I'm shoved again.