Nim Type Zero

After last period Nagito corners me by my locker. 

   Hands slam down on either side of me the second I shut the door. I whirl around startled and before I can react further a knee slides in between my legs, effectively pinning me to the wall. My face turns red, back pressed against the wall.

   I look up, tremoring slightly into the sharp stare of Nagito Komaeda. He smiles lazily at me. "Hello there~" 

   "What are you doing?!" I hiss, "we're in public-no-you shouldn't do this ever! Get off of me!"

   He leans in closer. "Make me~"

   I can feel his warm breath washing over my face. I shiver. After another second, he abruptly pushes himself off of me, yawning. "Enough fun. There's plenty of time for that when we go to our love nest~ Anyw-"

   "Excuse me, our what?!" 

   He continues on as if I said nothing at all. "Anyways, come on! We've got to get going!"

   I frown. "Huh? Where?" 

   He fishes his vote out of his pocket and twirls it between his fingers. "Double this a few times I suppose. Come on!" 

   I scratch the back of my head, slinging my bag over my shoulder. "Ah-I don't know, I'm really tired and I have a lot of homework. . ."

   His eyes narrow. "Huh? Really? I thought you were one of the ones who wanted me to do this." He replies darkly. I gulp nervously. How does his personality keep changing in a split second?!

   "I-I-I know, but, um, I-" I struggle, grappling for an excuse. His eyebrows lift. 

   "Yes?" He prompts. I groan. 

   "Uh-"

   "Are you scared, Hajime? Of me, even? That's cute, but also kind of weak."

   "What?! Absolutely not, I-"

   He grabs my wrist and begins dragging me down the hall. "There's a few games of  Nim Type Zero going on and we can play at the same table! Besides, I can't gamble without my Good Luck Charm!~" 

   Again with the change? And what did he just say?!

   "What-just so I can lose my vote to you? I only have the one you know!" I protest.

   "Just another vote for President Komaeda!~" He sings back, "get familiar with saying that or get familiar with being a Housepet!" 

   "The best we'll get out of this is three more votes, including mine. Is it really worth playing a long game for?" I complain. He grins.

   "Yes. It's going to be fun! It's going to be exciting! Let's have a great gamble, Hajime!"

   "Calm down." I grumble, struggling to keep up with the over-excited boy. 

===========================================================================

   Sitting at the east side of the table, I glance around at my opponents. Kaede, a blonde-haired girl that looks like she's just here to have fun, Peko, a grey-haired girl with a serious expression, and  Nagito, who looked like he was about to kill someone and enjoy every second of it. And me of course, but has no idea what I'm doing. 

   Overseeing the game is Kirumi Tojo, a member of the Election Committee; status identified by a brooch over her heart. She takes her place behind her podium and starts to speak. 

   "My name is Kirumi Tojo, a member of the Election Committee. Just a reminder that all overseers will remain completely neutral and any discovered cheating will result in the player immediately being eliminated."