Recovery

Spencer's POV

I think back to the conversation I once had with Morgan. What would life look like if we retired? I ask myself. I watch Hannah grab the stuff from the car and bring the kids inside. "Hey Jason want to watch Star Wars?" I ask him and a huge smile spreads across his face. "You don't even have to ask twice. " he says jumping on the couch next to me. Grace runs up to me and gently wraps her arms around my neck, "dad promise you will never almost die again. You scared me and you scared momma. Okay? No one told you that it is your time to die so no more almost dying." she says and a tear falls down her cheek "Hey princess. Look at me, I promise you I will be as okay as I can be. No more almost dying okay sweet thing." I say wiping her tear away "I love you daddy." she says "I love you to Princess," I say and she runs to her mom and whispers something in Hannah's ear. "Yeah you can give him that of course." Hannah says I watch her laugh and even after all these years I still manage to get butterflies everytime she smiles. 

Hannah cooks dinner that night, I help the kids with their homework. We sit around and talk. "Okay. Jason Grace say goodnight to Daddy and Mommy it's bedtime. You both have school in the morning. Let's go." she says standing up. Jason runs up and hugs me "Goodnight dad. See you tomorrow. I love you." he says and runs up to Hannah "Mommy. I love you so so so much. Ill dream sweet and hope dad heals quickly" he says and heads to his bedroom. "Can I say something?" Grace asks looking at Hannah "I want to thank you mom for being strong. I could tell how much dad being injured hurt you and I appreciate you doing that for Jason and for me. That was the reason I was able to not cry." she says hugging Hannah. "Little Genius. When did you get so smart? Listen Grace you are welcome. But you don't have to get your strength from my strength you have plenty of strength in your heart. You are one of the bravest kids I know." Hannah says kissing Hannah on her temple "Mom come tuck me in please?" Jason yells down the hallway. "Say goodnight to dad and then right to bed little missy no phone tonight okay?" Hannah says looking at her. She smiles and jumps on my lap. 

"I am happy you didn't die. Mommy was really scared I could tell. Aunt Emily kept holding me and telling my everything was going to be alright but you had me really worried daddy. I couldn't imagine being here without you. You are my hero dad. Everything I am is because you and mom no matter the struggle were there for Jason and myself. I appreciate you guys, my friends parents work less difficult jobs than you guys and still aren't there for their kids. So thank you for not dying." she says placing a hand on my okay shoulder. "I love you little Duck. But listen to me your mother and I are going to be there for everything. You mean the world to me Grace. Your mother, your brother and you are the reasons I continued to fight while in the hospital. I couldn't leave you. Who would have tickle wars with me, or try and outdo me in trivia. But are you sure you're 10 and not like 45??" I ask and she laughs rolling her eyes "Oh dad you're so funny well I am going to bed. I am very tired and mommy said bed so I love you." she says walking away. I watch her go as Hannah walks down the hallway towards me. "That was sweet and honest." she say raising an eyebrow at me. "Well it's just who I am." I laugh as she sits down next to me. 

I wrap my good arm around her shoulders and she lays her head on mine. "I love you Hannah" "I love you Spencer" we sit there watching Hannah's least favorite movie because she knows I love. It ends and I look at Hannah her eyes closed and she is slightly snoring. I kiss her head and pull the blanket over her and fall asleep. 

Hannah's POV

I wake up on the couch laying on Spencer's lap. The alarm goes off for the kids to go to school and I slowly get off the couch trying not to wake Spencer. But my clumsy self failed "Hey. I know I woke you up. I'm sorry. I have to get the kids up for school." I say touching his face. "It's fine go. I I will see you when you get back." he say smiling at me "Do you want help to the bed before I go?" I ask walking back in the room. "Yes." he says as the kids hug him goodbye and head out the door. "Good because I have to get to dressed anyways." I say grabbing his hand and wrapping my arm around his waist as we get down the hallway. We get to the bed and I lay him down, he grabs me by the waist with his one good hand and pulls me towards him. I am laying on top of him he kisses me and stares into my eyes. "What was that for?" I ask "I need a reason to kiss my beautiful wife?" he asks looking at me "No of course not. But I don't want to hurt you so I am going to get up now." I say rolling off the bed. I land on my feet and grab a pair of leggings and one of Spencer's hoodies. I head out of the house and head to the post office.