Chapter 14: Cut yourself to sleep

Writing a chapter while I'm really sick wow I'm really smart. This chapter is a little mature but it isn't as bad as chapter 6. Also this chapter is also based on something that happened to me but not as bad as this.

It is 2:00AM and Nishikata was having a lot of trouble sleeping, he headed into the kitchen for water he reached into the basket for a glass of water but it was dark and he didn't see that he actually took the handle of a knife but the time he noticed the knife had already pierced his index finger by a little bit.

He had drunk water and went into his room. He sat on his chair and looked at his finger, the pain to him was only subtle and it did not hurt much. In fact, he actually enjoyed the feeling. The place where his finger got cut had a small patch of blood he decided to lick it he decided to lick it off instead of rubbing it on his table. He enjoyed the taste quite a lot and waited for more to bleed out.

"Maybe this blood can make me sleep finally" he thought in his head. After a few minutes of drinking from the wound until it stopped bleeding much to Nishikata's disappointment. He then proceeded to go into the kitchen again and got the same knife and poked it into his forearm. It hurt more than the other one, but he enjoyed it more than the other one. He pressed harder on it making it bleed more and more until he was satisfied by the pain.

He went into his bed and went to sleep licking the blood coming out of his thumb enjoying every last drop of it. It stopped bleeding eventually and Nishikata went to sleep.

The next day Nishikata woke up and felt better than ever. "That blood really does work huh? Next time I'll take some more" he thought. He approached the place where he and Takagi always meet, and he met her there. "Good morning Nishikata" she said with a smile
"Hey Takagi san do you wanna have a contest?" he said hopefully.

"Okay then, what contest?"
"lets do the bottle throwing one and try and throw it in this time you won't be able to trick me".
"We'll see about that" she thought in her head.

They reached there and Nishikata told Takagi that she can do it first. She threw it and it went into the bin. "Nice job but I'm going to get it in" he said with a smug smile. He threw it and it also went into the bin.

As Nishikata threw the bottle Takagi noticed that there was a large wound on Nishikata's arm that looked fresh. After it landed in the bin Takagi said to him "Hey Nishikata how did you get that wound on your arm?"
"Uhh that's nothing I just scratched my arm a little too much" he said.

"honestly how dumb do you think I am that is not a scratch wound it's a cut. It that can't be from Sumire it looks fresh. Which means you must have done something from Friday to now".
"I was cutting some onions and I accidently cut my arm" he said in a monotone voice so that she can't read him. "He's lying to me I know it but it is best not to say anything".

It is now after school and Nishikata is at home "I shouldn't do it again if I do it again she'll know. If I do it again she'll do what she did" he thought in his head. 

It is now nighttime and sure enough he was not getting any sleep he kept saying in his head "I can't do that again if I do it again she'll know". Right as he thought that something sharp poked his finger making Nishikata feel the feeling again he lifted his blanket to see what had caused this and he saw a small sewing needle. Nishikata smiled without thinking "with this I'll get the feeling and Takagi san can't find the wound meaning she can't do what that girl did". He spent ten minutes poking his fingers with the needle each one poking harder than the other one. He eventually got some blood out and licked it slowly to savour the small amount of blood coming out.

And that's all for now thankfully I am no longer sick and I can write more chapters this week. 

Word count: 800