Prologue

Montgomery High was an elite boarding high school. Many people thought it was just a rich people school. I mean, yeah it was, but Montgomery High also offered great scholarships. Located in the outskirts of Doncaster, the campus was absolutely gorgeous. There were several dorms, and not in any particular order. However, the teachers assigned roommates and there was no way to change that. The teachers were rather strict about that.

Most high schools had one popular group. You know, that one group of people who knew everybody. The cool ones. They were usually a combination of jocks and cheerleaders. This high school however had two popular groups. Well, trios more like it.

Group one: Rogue. They were basically a casual band called Rogue. You'd think for a group so popular, it'd be huge. That was not the case. There weren't too many students at Montgomery High anyway. Rogue had four members. Namely Harry Styles, Niall Horan, Zayn Malik and Astraea Starr. Harry, Niall and Astraea were tightly-knit friends. Zayn played for the band, but he rarely hung out with the others. The Rogues were the cool group. 

Group two: Royals. The Royals were the nerd group. They did everything: debates, math competitions. You name it. They weren't stereotypical high school nerds, though. Sure, they were studious, and did all those activities. They were also pretty cool. Hence, why they were popular. They didn't name themselves as 'The Royals' or anything, of course. The Rogues kept calling them that as an insult since according to them, the nerds of the group acted cool. As if they were royals here or something. Hence the name. Over time, the Royals owned their nickname. The three members of the Royals were Louis Tomlinson, Liam Payne and Destiny Starr. 

Both trios were absolute rivals, but of course, they had a link. The Starr twins. Astraea and Destiny Starr were pretty opposite, but also similar in many ways. You'd think they hated each other. But that's actually not the case at all. They were best friends. Hence, Astraea was kind of acquaintances with the Royals, while Destiny was acquaintances with the Rogues. They had a weird relationship.

Despite the twins being super close, the two trios never got along and never hung out together. One reason. Louis Tomlinson and Harry Styles hated each other. Nobody knew why. They just had this burning rivalry which was super intense. The whole school went along with it and never questioned it. And that was how it has always been and will be. The Rogues and the Royals against each other. 

But did I mention the Starr twins were master matchmakers?

***

~Sofia x