Part Time Lover

She really forgot just how much a bitch jet lag is. It hits her hardest Monday morning, when all she wants to do is muzzle back into her blankets and fall asleep again. But what eventually gets her up is the knowledge that she'll be seeing FP again. Sure it had only been less than a day since they parted, but that didn't make her any less eager to see him. Besides, she wanted to apologize for Hal's surprise show at the airport.

She picks out one of her personal favourite outfits, consisting of a very flattering, curve hugging, pencil skirt, and low cut blouse. Just low enough to leave things to imagination, and she's sure it'll have FP's imagination working overdrive.

She spritzes on her best perfume, gives her hair a tussle and with one last look in the mirror she's ready to go.

Hal is waiting downstairs at the dining table, flipping through the newspaper and sipping a cup of coffee. "I was starting to think you'd fallen back asleep." Hal chuckles.

Alice smiles. "Had to put a little extra makeup on just to hide the fact that I feel like a zombie today." She walks over to him and dips her head down to peck his lips. "I'll see you tonight."

"Have a good day, hon."

"You too!"

_

She hasn't spoken to FP since he left the airport, not that she hasn't thought about it, she absolutely has, but with Hal practically glued to her side the whole time it was a bit hard. Admittedly, it's sweet to her how much Hal had missed her, though she's sure some of it has to do with the fact that she just came back from a week long vacation with another man.

When she walks into the firm she feels a thrill run through her as she thinks about seeing FP again, just hoping he didn't take the day off to sleep off the jet lag.

She walks into her office, smiling immediately when she sees a coffee and muffin on her desk. She sets her purse down on her office chair and spies a sticky note stuck to the coffee cup.

Figured you might need this if
you're as exhausted as I am.
-FP

She smiles as she reads it, finding it ridiculously sweet that he thought of her this morning. She takes the coffee and muffin in hand and is about to go track him down when she hears a knock on her door.

She blushes when she turns around, laying eyes on FP, who's standing in her doorway, looking so effortlessly sexy in a button down and crisp dress pants. "I was just about to come find you. Come in."

"I saw you come in." He tells her, stepping over to her desk and standing on the side opposite to her. "How are you?"

"A little disappointed I'm not on a beach in Bali right now, but good."

He smirks. "I'm with you on that."

They stare awkwardly at each other for a moment, neither one knowing what to say, but having so much they want to.

"I wanted to apologize for what happened at the airport." Alice says, finally breaking the silence between them. "I had no idea Hal was going to show up."

"You don't have to apologize." FP assures her. "He's your husband, he missed you, honestly I was kinda glad he showed up because I felt it was kind of a douche move to make your wife take a cab home after she's been gone for a week."