Wonderwall

Alice's soft laugh fills the bedroom as FP's beard tickles her neck. They've been lying tangled in the sheets together for an hour, stealing kisses and making no move to get up. "Stop it." She squeals as he tickles her side. She manages to catch his hands in her own and nudges him onto his back, allowing her to straddle his hips. She wiggles an eyebrow at him. "I win."

He chuckles and meets her halfway when she leans her face down to kiss him. She links their fingers together, pressing them into the pillows on either side of his head. He kisses her slowly, chasing her lips every time she moves slightly. "You act like you've never kissed me before." She teases.

"Just can't get enough of it, I guess." He replies, curling his arm around her when she snuggles up against his side again.

"Ditto." She sighs. "Damn you for being a good kisser."

"Would you rather me be a sloppy kisser?" He jests, turning his face towards her. "Because I can do that." Her laugh is muted by his sloppy kisses all over her cheeks and lips.

"No, no, I take it back! I take it back!"

He smirks, pressing a proper kiss to her lips. "I thought those were pretty good kisses." He fakes a pout.

"If you're a golden retriever maybe." She smiles up at him as he hovers over her, and she raises a hand to smooth his messy hair back.

She stares at was at him for a moment, at the way his eyes sparkle in the afternoon sun, and the way his smile is slightly crooked. He's something out of a dream, someone so handsome yet so kind, someone who she knows would never hurt her or a fly.

He rests his body down atop hers, letting his head rest on her chest, listening to her heartbeat. She strokes her fingers through his hair, feeling in such a state of peace she can't ever imagine giving it up.

"FP?" She speaks so quietly he probably wouldn't have heard her had he not been lying on her.

"Yeah?"

"How sure are you?" She asks him, the question not making much sense to him.

"About what?"

He can hear how her heart starts beating faster and he lifts his head up to look at her. "About us." she answers. "About me... How sure are you?"

He watches as she nervously pulls her bottom lip between her teeth. "You already know, Al." He answers simply, though he knows she needs more. "I'd give up everything for you, I would risk everything for you. I've never been more sure about anything in my life." The answer makes her smile. "Why do you ask?"

"I think... I think I'm ready."

He raises an eyebrow, there's so many things those words could mean. "Ready?"

"To tell Hal." She tells him nervously.

He freezes, trying his best to hold in a smile as he sits up against the headboard. "You're serious?"

She nods, sitting up and holding the blankets close to her chest. "Every time I leave you and go home to Hal... it just doesn't feel right. I want you, only you. Not just when we're in Bali, not just on a lunch break, or when we're alone in my office. Always."

He's speechless, something he's sure to tell her so she doesn't take his silence the wrong way. "I don't even know what to say."

She smiles. "Yes?"