Chapter Thirteen

emma's pov

i woke up the next morning feeling around for jj, but he wasn't in bed. i brushed my teeth and went downstairs. i saw jj pacing back and forth in the living room. "you alright?" i asked him. and once again my appearance startled him and he whipped around. "oh hi, yes i'm fine," he walked over planting a small kiss on my forehead. "you sure? you seem a little out of it?" "me? out of it? never," he said as he walked to the kitchen. "what's for breakfast today gordon ramsey?" i mocked. "hey, you could make it yourself, or you could sit over there and appreciate that your cute boyfriend is making you breakfast." "boyfriend?" i laughed. "too soon?" he asked. "not at all." i kissed him and went to admire him from the couch. i watched him crack the eggs all wrong, but appreciated the gesture. "do you want me to give you a ride to work?" he offered. "sure but we have to be discrete. i'm still grounded." i rolled my eyes. "what'd you do to get grounded anyway?" jj asked as he started to place food on the table. "i didn't answer his calls on the night we went to john b's. apparently he was worried sick about me which i know isn't true, he just wants a reason to keep me home. he thinks there's something going on between us," i explained. "well then he'd be right." "yeah but he's just really annoying about this kind of stuff you know?" "i don't, but i do know that breakfast is ready!" he said excitedly. i sat down at the kitchen table looking down at my plate. jj watched nervously as i tried the scrambled eggs. it was terrible but i wasn't going to tell him that. "they're bad aren't they? i can tell by your face," he said while laughing. so much for that. "well they're better than last time," i said joining his laughter. "i didn't make them last time!" he said. "oh right." the two of us laughed for a little until i realized i had to get home. "thank you for breakfast jj, i'll see you at ten to 1:00 okay?" "sounds good." he kissed me goodbye and i walked back home.

i was on the verge of getting caught sneaking back into my room this time because i saw my door knob turn just as i was about to close the window. "emma? what're you doing?" asked my dad. "oh hey dad, i was just getting some fresh air," i said worried. "okay, we'll i've decided that your punishment is over. you're no longer grounded," he said smiling. "really? thank you!" i said giving him a hug. "i'll drive you to work later if you want," he said. "oh that's okay, i've already got a ride," i said. "well alright. i'll see you later," he said closing the door. he let me off that easy? that's never happened before.

i still had some time before my shift at the wreck so i decided to listen to some music. i had noticed the time had started getting closer to 1:00 so i got dressed and put my hair up. i saw jj get into his car at exactly 12:50. punctual. i left through the main door and told my dad i'd be leaving.

"wow i didn't even have to honk," jj said as i entered the car. "yes your very punctual," i laughed. left hand free played on the radio and i turned it up. "you like this song too?" jj tried to yell over the music. "one of my favourites!" i yelled back. the two of us sat back and just enjoyed the music while jj drove. we listened to a few other songs before we arrived at the wreck. "thanks for the ride." i kissed jj and entered the diner.