Chapter Twenty Seven

emma's pov

jj and i woke up together on the couch. i got up first, which must've woken him up. "sleep well?" i asked. "never better," he said sitting up. "what time is it?" i checked my phone. "shit it's almost 12:00. i have to go home and get ready for work. kiara's dad probably already hates me," i said. "it's alright, i'll give you a ride. let's go," jj said while putting on his shirt. i got in the car and left hand free played on the radio again. jj and i glanced at each other and this time he turned it up. this was our song. we pulled up to my house and i got ready. all of a sudden, my bedroom door bursts open. "where were you last night?" my dad asked angrily. "i uh-" i didn't know what to say, and instead just bolted out the window. "get your ass back here! i wasn't finished!" i heard my dad yell behind me but all i did was laugh. "start the van!" i yelled at jj and i could tell he was laughing too. "hurry up, get in!" he said. i got in the car and jj immediately took off. "that was awesome," he said. "yeah he's pretty pissed," i said. "don't worry, he'll forget about it." we arrived at the wreck. "thanks jj."

i walked in and kiara's dad looked pretty mad. "where have you been? you've skipped like 5 shifts!" he said but kiara cut in. "don't worry about it dad, emma had some personal stuff she needed to deal with. i'm sure she'll be giving us 100% from now on. right emma?" she looked at me with a scary glance. "yes, yes sir. 100%. nothing less." "good, get to work. both of you," he said sternly. i grabbed my apron and supplies as usual, and cleaned some tables. kiara came by after a while and whispered something to me. "i've got something i need to confess," she said. "alright, hit me." "pope and i, well, we're kind of a thing," she said and she blushed. "really? aw congratulations ki! i'm happy for you guys," i hugged her. "while we're sharing, jj and i got back together too," i said. "actually? that's great news emma. i'm glad you guys worked it out. i promise you he's a great guy," said kiara. "i know," i smiled. "look at us all grown up," she teased. "we gotta celebrate. the beach. tonight," she added. "okay, i'll let jj know."

our shift ended and we let the boys know to meet us at the beach around 7:00. i walked to the beach and saw kiara and pope walking, his arm around her waist. "aw look at you guys," i said. "speak for yourself," kiara nodded indicating for me to look back. i saw jj walking up with some flowers. "my lady," he greeted. "wow," is all i managed to say so i kissed him instead. "alright alright, get a room!" said pope. we all laughed and sat down looking out at the water. i laid in jj's arms. what a summer this has been.

hey guys! hope y'all are doing well :) i've been told that i should update the book, i'm thinking maybe around the time the second season comes out (july 30th) is that something more of you would be interested in?? let me know <3