Chapter 21 : Possible Death??

'What an unfortunate fellow,' Leon remarks silently.

As Leon gazes at Luis, his eyes are filled with sympathy. He genuinely pities Luis because, later on, when Leon leaves the house, Luis will have to assume the role of a Lord and simultaneously assist the main character.

'If I were in his shoes, I'd be irritated. I don't appreciate people disrupting my life, after all.'

He offers a weak smile to Luis, still conveying a sense of pity through his expression.

Luis, catching onto his brother's scrutiny, returns the gaze with a furrowed brow.

'Why is he staring at me like that? Is there something on my face?'

As Luis observes more of his brother's expressions, a slight sense of anxiety creeps in.

"haa... you... why do you keep bringing up the idea of departing?" Duke Carl murmurs, his mood suddenly darkening due to Leon's candid statement.

Luis, catching his father's comment, swiftly turns his head towards him.

He empathizes with his father's feelings in this moment.

Having just navigated through a critical situation where Leon narrowly escaped death, it feels disheartening that Leon is already broaching the topic of leaving once again.

'This... haa... I get that he wants to go, but... can't he just refrain from bringing it up?'

Luis's expression droops as he contemplates this.

snapped

'Ah... I just... ruined this moment...hah...'

Leon thinks to himself, wearing an awkward smile and scratching his temple.

"Sorry... I won't bring it up anymore... I'd really appreciate it if Father and the others didn't make a big deal out of this..."

He expresses regret for his habit of bluntly mentioning his departure.

Although everyone became aware of it after yesterday's commotion, it's best to avoid further discussion. After all, the separation between families might be more challenging than it seems.

"Besides, Father... if they find out that I've awakened and, perhaps in the future, Luis awakens too... it could stir up jealousy among certain people. So, let's keep this secret between us, okay?"

He continues, finding a rationale to sidestep troublesome celebrations.

Upon hearing him, his father couldn't help but nod in surrender.

'Well... even if I wanted to dispute his words... he's a stubborn guy. He won't heed a 'no' from me,' Duke Carl helplessly thought. Turning around, he adds,

"Then, I will take my leave... has a nice conversation."

As he walks away, Luis also trails behind him, waving towards Leon and expressing that he, too, will take his leave.

Click

However, before he reaches the door, he recalls something and says,

"Ah... the maid will clean your bed after the conversation. Sir Phil might need to inform this to the maid."

While the Duke opens the door and leaves first, Luis follows behind.

Click

Leaving behind the sound of the door closing, in the room finally, only Leon and Doctor Phil remain.

Leon cast a glance at Phil.

"I suppose you have to do that, huh?" Leon remarks, shrugging his shoulders with a slight smile.