ʙɪɢ ʙᴇᴀʀ

On the road

Now here they are a week later on their way to Black Water Ridge , Colorado. In search of their father and grandfather.
Dean and Aurora were doing revision, when suddenly Sam jumped in his sit, waking up from a nightmare he had. Aurora stopped mid sentence and looked at her uncle with worry in her  eyes.
"Uncle Sammy. You okay?" Aurora asked , tilting her head to the side . Sam turned to her and flashed her a smile which came out as a grimace and said
" I'm fine munchkin. " before turning to face the front again .

Dean looked at his brother then daughter.
"Aurora, why don't you start counting backwards from 30 , okay ." Dean told her because he wanted to talk to Sam about his nightmares but didn't want to worry his daughter.

Aurora nodded her head and started counting quietly. When Dean was sure she wasn'tlistening, he turned and faced Sam.
"I know you lied for Aurora's sake, but you okay ?" He asked glancing at him with a worried expression.

"Ya, I'm fine ." He replied in a strained voice. Dean nodded his head, not really believing him .
"Another nightmare. " Dean asked turning tohim . Sam cleared his throat, not answering the question.
Dean got the signal and decided to change the topic.
"Wanna drive for a while?" Dean suggested.
Sam looked at Dean with disbelief and scoffed.

"In your whole life, you never once asked me that. " Sam said still looking at Dean.
Dean looked at the road and said,
"I thought you might want to , nevermind. " he said dismissing the idea. While they were busy talking, Aurora had finished counting and was hungry but her chips was on the other side of the back seat. Aurora was told never to bother the adults while they were talking so she decided to get it by herself.  She started playing with her car seat buckle to open it .

"Look man, your worried about me . I get it ." Sam started .
"And thank you but I'm perfectly okay. " Sam told him with a serious look on his face. Dean hummed in response still believing him.

Sam grabbed the map from the dashboard.
" Alright, where are we ?" He asked Dean, looking at the map.
"We are just outside Grand Junction. "
Dean told him.
Sam sighed and said
"You know maybe we shouldn't have left Stanford so soon."

Dean closed his eyes and opened it before he answered. "Sam, we dug around there for a week and came up with nothing." He stated.
"If you wanna find the thing that killed Jessica...." he said trailing off in the end waiting for Sam to continue.

"We gotta find dad first." Sam finished,looking up from the map. Aurora undid her buckle and slowly climbed onto the seats. She went to her bag started digging through it before pulling out the packet of chips.

" Dad disappearing , this thing showing up after 20 years, there's no coincidence. " Dean pointed out.
Aurora quickly climbed in her car seat and buckled the seat belt quietly. Once she did , she opened the packet of chips and started eating it.

"Dad will have answers, he'll know what to do." Dean finished. Sam looked at the map again
"Its weird man ." Sam started saying.
Dean looked at him and asked ,
"What?"

" These Coordinates dad sent us . This Black Water Ridge. "Sam carried on .
"What about it ?" Dean asked glancing at him.
Sam looked at the place on the map that was marked with an x.
"Nothing, its just woods." Sam finished putting the map down and looking at the road.