ʙᴀᴅ ᴅᴏɢɢʏ

Gas Station

Dean pulls the Impala into a gas station with Sam riding shotgun and Aurora in her car seat.

"Alright, I figure we'd hit Tucumari by lunch, then head south, hit Bisbee by midnight." Dean explains to Sam who was on his phone. Sam doesn't respond and Dean turns to him.

"Sam wears women's underwear. "He teases and Aurora giggles.

"I've been listening,I'm just busy." Sam responds while checking his emails.

"Busy doing what?" Dean asks as he gets out of the car.

"Reading emails." Sam replies.

"Emails from who?" Dean asks again as he rounds the back of the car to the other side.

"From my friends at Stanford. " Sam responded. Aurora unbuckled her seatbelt and climbed over the seats. Sam glanced at her as she crawled onto his lap. He put one arm around her waist so she wouldn't fall.

"Your kidding. You still keep in touch with your college buddies?" Dean asks as he takes the gas pump.

"Why not?" Sam questions and sits up straight. Aurora leaned back into his chest and tried to read the emails.

Dean placed the pump in the back of the car and started filling the tank. He walked up to Sam's window and leans against the passenger door.

"Well,what exactly do you tell 'em? You know,where you've been, what you've been doin'?" Dean questions.

Sam looks up at him from his phone.
"I tell 'em I'm on a road trip with my little niece and big brother. I tell them I needed some time off after Jessica. "He answers.

"Oh, so you lie to them." Dean says.

Aurora gasps and hits Sam's chest.
"Lying bad , Uncle Sammy. " she scolded. Dean smirked and Sam shook his head

"No. I just don't tell 'em ..... everything ." He admits to Dean before looking at Aurora.
"I know, lying is bad. That's why you shouldn't do it."

"Yeah,that's called lying. I mean, hey , man , I get it. Telling the truth is far worse." Dean says.

"So what am I supposed to do, just cut everybody out of my life? " Sam asks. Dean shrugs in response.
"Your serious?"

"Look, it sucks, but in a job like this,you can't get close to people ,period." Dean tells him.

"Your kinda antisocial, you know that?" Sam says and he goes back to reading his emails.
"Yeah, whatever." Dean responds.

"God..." Sam sighs.

"What ?" Dean asks as he leans on the window.

"In this email, this girl Rebecca Warren, one of those friends of mine." Sam replies while reading the email.

"Is she hot?" Dean smiles and Sam ignores him.

"I went to school with her, and her brother Zack. She's says Zack's been charged with murder. He's been arrested for killing his girlfriend. Rebecca says he didn't do it,but its sounds like the cops have a pretty good case." Sam explains.