ᴛʜᴀᴛ's ᴀ ʙɪɢ ʟᴀᴋᴇ

Diner

Dean was sitting at a table with newspapers and breakfast while Sam went to the bathroom with Aurora.
He was circling articles for their next case when a blonde waitress came up to his table.

"Can I get you anything else?" She asked , leaning against the table closer to him.
Dean put the pen he was using between his lips and gave her a charming smile. Before he could answer Aurora came up to him placed herself in Dean's lap with Sam following behind. Aurora took a piece of bacon from Dean's plate and started eating.

"Just the check please." Sam told her as he sat down. The waitress walked away and Dean turned his attention to Aurora.
"Did you just steal my food?" He joked.

Aurora smiled sheepishly.
"Maybe." She said, dragging the word out.
Aurora held up the piece she was eating towards him as an apology and he took a bite .

"Your forgiven. " he assured. He ruffled her hair before turning to his brother .
Aurora smiled and carried on eating the food.

"Here, take a look at this. " Dean told him as he handed Sam a newspaper with a circled article about a teenager.
"Lake Manitoc, Wisconsin . Last week , Sophie Carlton, 18. Walks into the lake ....... doesn't walk out . Authorities dragged the water. Nothing. Sophie Carlton is the the third Lake Manitoc drowning this year. None of the bodies were found either. Had a funeral two days ago. " Dean explained.
Sam looked at the newspaper.

"Funeral?" Sam asked , looking up from the newspaper.

"Ya , it's weird. They buried an empty coffin. For closure or whatever. " Dean told him as he grabbed a writing pad .

"Closure? What closure. People don't just disappear Dean. Other people just stop looking for them ." Sam said .

"Something you want to say to me ?" Dean insisted.

"The trail for dad is getting colder everyday ." Sam said .

Aurora looked up from her food with a frown.
"Gwandpa ." She mumbled sadly .

"Exactly. So, what are we supposed to do ?" Dean asked .

"I don't know. Something. Anything. " Sam argued.

"Cover your ears , Rory. " Dean whispered to her . Aurora covered her ears while a piece of bacon was still in her mouth .

"You know what , I'm sick of this attitude ." Dean told him .
"You don't think Aurora and I wanna find dad too ?" He stated.

"Yeah I know you two do ." Sam said with a sigh.

"We've been with him everyday for the past two years while you went off to college doing prep rallies. " Dean argued.
"We will find dad . But until then , we're going to kill every bad thing between here and there." Dean ranted.
Sam gave a look and Aurora uncovered her ears .

"Okay?" Dean asked. Aurora looked at her dad's serious face and frowned. She held up another piece of bacon towards him to cheer him up. Dean gladly took a bite and Aurora beamed.

"Alright, Lake Manitoc." Sam asked but Dean was distracted by the waitress that walked by.
"Hey ." He said

Dean looked up .
"Huh ?" Dean said .