Ch.17 { Edited}

"...I mean it worked for the Russians."

Zane stares at me like I've grown two heads. "That was an experiment! They didn't mean for them to die!" I sip on my hot earl grey tea. "It still worked though..." Closing his book slowly he sighs ,almost praying like, he murmurs "What the frick is wrong with you?"

"HEY! Nothings wrong with me." I pout. Crossing my arms, I flinch in pain from the damaged rib. Luckily he wasn't paying attention. "I'm pretty sure hitting you with that golf club as a kid was a bad idea, now that I think of it."

"Ya think?" I ask sarcastically.

My phone dings letting me know that I got a text from someone. I pull my phone out of my pocket and look at the screen of the phone discreetly incase it was a weird text from that unknown number. And to my distaste it was indeed a text from him.

Unknown: So would you like to join me at crystal cove tonight for a picnic?

Me: A picnic?

Unknown: Yes be there at 3am.

"Is it that weird number again?"

I look up at Zane as he slurps down his tapioca pearls.

" Yeah he want's me to go on a picnic with him tonight."

His eyebrows shoot up. "You're gonna go right ?"

"What makes you think that I'm going to go meet up with some stranger?"

"By the way you're blushing."

"Either way have you heard that Ace Preston is hosting a masqarade ball tonight?"

"Really? I would be to scarred to show up. "

"Yeah well everyone's excited because theres a rumor that he's actualy going to show up tonight and reveal his face."