Ch.21 {Edited}

UNKNOWN

"Giuro su Dio Erik che gli farò girare la testa come un globo." I clench my jaw continuing to search through the Prestons database. Who the hell do they think they are? Taking my bride to be, and scheming to take down my company. "I'll make you some tea to help you relax." I scrub my hands up and down my face heading into my hair line. "Maybe you should take a break from looking through their database? You're scaring oreo." I look away from my hands to see oreo jump up onto my desk with a meow to accompany her.
Reaching out I gently grab oreo as she starts to pur. "I don't think I'm scaring oreo Erik, but you're right I feel like I could take a cup of tea and a break from looking at this load of shit." Erik chuckles as he rolls his eyes. "You and me both man, I can only comb through the fine details so often. It's hard to find a loop hole with these things man. But maybe if you'd just let me look into Elizabeth a little deeper I could find a loop hole there." I grunt out a sigh. "You already know the damn answer to that question! I am not letting you get anymore information on her than I have on her, and I rather wait to get that information from her herself." He rolls his eyes at me making the vein in my neck tick.
"So now you want to be all lovey dove with her? This was an experiment at first, why is it all of a sudden you're getting all defensive over someone who's not even your bride to be?"  I look up from Oreo and catch his eye. Eyes wide and stance big he realizes his mistake. "Don't." My voice resonates around my large office.  "Okay I'm sorry that was uncalled for, but seriously I still don't see this vision that you're having. How am I supposd to help when I don't even know the main goal?" I sigh swiping my left hand through my now messy curls.
Returing the hand to my mouse I shake my monitor awake, I make sure what I was working on was saved and bookmarked before I return all the tabs to my laptop. After I'm done sorting out my tabs I go ahead and shut off the monitors and shut my laptop. I'm not quite sure of my own intentions on this honestly. Being unaware of my own intentions is not the best spot to be in, specially as the owner of those intention and feelings. At this point I feel like, I don't know. I don't want her to be with Quin. I know that for sure. Getting rid of that Luke kid was easy but having Quin being apart of the distracting is something that I have to carefully manouver around. I can't just kill him and say that it was a suicide, I already did that and people would get suspicous. Specially since Quin is well known for being a happy-go-lucky person. There would be to many questions. At this point there really is only a couple ways for me to get around this and get into Elizabeths life without her thinking I'm a complete psycho. Maybe I just need to think it over while I eat something. "Let's get something to eat." His eyes light up as the words come out of my mouth.
"I call drivng!" he practically skips out of my office, "You're funny!" I call out as I grab my coat, I check my pockets for all my personal belongings that I need. I give my office a once over it's a mini library with my desk smack center of it all with four big windows on the back wall behind my desk. It's a little more than modest but I wasn't the one who picked it out.
It was my old mans office before it was mine. Turning off the lights at the big power panel I lock the door to my office and start walking down and out of the house seeing Erik already leaned up swinging the keys to my R34 around his index finger. "Give me that you dork." I snatch my keys out of his hands before he breaks anything. "Awe, why do I have to be the passenger princess?" He pouts, I roll my eyes at him and usher my hand in the direction of the passenger side door. "Just get in before I leave you here to starve."  He changed his tune real quick after that. Getting in, the smell of my old colonge lingers in the car from the last time I was in the car. I fix everything to be exactly perfect before I start heading to the little dinner called sunny's cafe. "Sunny's Cafe? I haven't heard of this place before?" I nod my head, "Yeah it'll be my first time visiting here as well, I've heard it's really good though."