Ch.18 {Edited}

"Hey I got you a pumpkin spice, and a monster. I wasn't sure which one you wanted but I thought since we were going to be here for a while might as well get you both!" I give Zane a smile as I grab the pumpkin spice hot drink first. As Halloween just ended a couple weeks ago, thanksgiving is coming up soon and recently I've found a new appreciation for pumpkin spice themed drinks. Specially since it's been getting colder and colder around here.

"Thank you Zane I really appreciate it !" I take a sip out of the hot drink and enjoy the feeling of it warming me up from the inside out. "So?" I look up from the drink to see Zane setting down his own hot drink and his energy drink of choice down onto one of my work benches. "So?"

"Are you going to respond to him or just leave him on delivered?" He shuffles some old pictures we drew as a kid into a file to put up and out of our way.

I take a long sip out the drink being careful not to slurp it because it's still very hot. "Yeah I probably should, just so that I'm not leaving him cold turkey. I mean it isn't his fault that we're busy trying to figure this out."

Me: Hey I'm sorry that I didn't respond sooner but Zane and I are studying tonight, so I can't go. Plus my parents have been keeping close tabs on me recently so I don't think they'd appreciate me going out at the moment.

Dead air.

Quin's pov:

"Who are you to make this choice for the company? This is my company now." I give a hard glare over to my old man. "Who am I? I am your father! As well as the old owner! I still have a couple rights to this company, you can't make me into the next KFC." I huffed out a sigh.

"I'm not getting married to her. I don't even know her! AND she's the rivals daughter." Plus if I had to get married right now I'd rather get married to that certain someone rather than a COMPLETE stranger.

"Trust me figlio. This is the best for your future and the company's future. You can't just never get married. And I know if it was up to you, you'd stay away from any type of love interest for the rest of your life." I search deep into his eyes. Hoping to find some sort of comedy in them.
I took after my old man in his looks, heterochromia, black hair, strong jaw, and a slightly bumpy nose. So looking at him sometimes makes me feel odd, as I feel like I'm looking in the mirror at my future self.

"So how long do I have until I get married?"