Ch.20 {Edited}

"NEXT WEEK!?" I look at my mother and father feeling like I'm in a dream.
"I know this is a lot of information to have but this has been under consideration for the past two years.

But now that you're about to graduate this is the perfect time!" I can't tell wether I need to cry or laugh. When mom and dad pulled me to the side the next morning and started to tell me that I was getting married to our rivals son I felt sick. Confused on what to think. Or even what to say.

"But Quin Preston is a whole different story! What changed from them being our rivals to close to being in-laws?!" They both looked at eachother with a knowing look. "Ezra the Queens corp is rising fast and both of our company's will only be able to stay on the surface if we conjoin them." I rub my forehead.

"So why do I need to marry them to conjoin the company's?" Dad spoke up this time. "So that we have a solid deal. We can't let this deal fall through it'll be the end of both of our lines." I tug on the roots of my hair. "You're pulling on my leg aren't you?"

"Honey you know we wouldn't joke like this, we really had no other choice you're our heir to the company." My throat constrited as I felt the harsh need to cry."But isn't marriage supposed to be out of love? Are you sure there's no other way?" They both shook their heads at me. "Tomorrow Boswell will be coming by to give you dress samples to chose from.

And the Prestons have given you the freedom to design the wedding as you chose because they belive it should be the brides special day." I huff out of irony as the tears threten to escape my waterline without my permision.
I turn around and head back up to my study room. I mutter a few words on how ironic it is that my one and only special day will be with someone who's not special to me. It's been a week since Zane and I started the investigation, at the moment the room is cluttered with papers and sticky notes.
There's thumb tacks around the room connected by red wire.

Even though we have more information it's almost as if we're getting more confused. Things are cross that shouldn't cross. Like how Luke is seen at two different places that are across town from eachother at the same time. And how it seems that there is an autopsy report but Lukes
family hasn't even got access to it. I step into the room just as Zane shouts in glee. "What are you shouting about?" I quickly life up my glasses and wipe the unushered tears away from my eyes as I step into the room. " I finally got into the autopsy report!" I rush around the desk to look over his should from behind him. "Hmm nothing that could cause death from the medical history.

Oh! Description of Gross Lesions!" We both stare at the screen with a weird look on our faces. We both look at eachother before Zane stands up allowing me to slip into the seat and start printing it the report. "I'm going to go put on some coffee, we have a long night ahead of us." After he closes the door to the room I immediatly go onto youtube as I wait for the report to finish printing. I look up the recording of the news for the day he died and almost immediatly I see a live broadcast for the same news channel.

"Mother of 20 year old Luke Lin has gone missing.. I quickly click on the live and sit back in my chair staring at the anchor of the news channel whose staring right bac at me. Lola Lin, age 57, has gone missing just after a couple weeks of her son commiting suicide by jumping off the bridge. Police will be continuing the investigation, but for now that is all the information that has been released to the public."

After that she drone on about who the powerball winner will be announced and what all they would be receiving if they won. I exit out of the live stream and go back to my original path of looking at the orignial news cast that announced that Luke Lin had commited suicide. After the fith time of watching the video, Zane came back from the kitchenette that was attatched to the room he set the coffee down on the little round discs that I picked out from Ikea.

I murmer a thank you as I start taking notes after I restarted the video once more. Bullitons and more bullitons fill my pages. I go back trough highlighting that I deemed to be the most important and the ones that proabbly fit together After I got done highlighting I stood up from my swivel chair and grabed the notes that I had just made. The socks on my feet dulled my steps and I walked over to the edge of the white board eady to write. After I got finished plugging in all the information into the open space I re-wrote some of the notes into tiny holes around some of the other key points. Hearing the whrilling of the printer I turn to see Zane pic up a couple photos out of the photo printer. Our eyes meet in contact and he gives me a small smile and ushers the photos to me.

Found in the photos were of the crime scene that he dug up from the internet somewhere. How he was able to gain access to it? I have no clue but he got it, so that's really all that matters to me at the moment. "So I was thinking, maybe we should go ahead and say that Quin Preston is our main suspect." I almost pop a blood vessel as how fast I turn my head to him. "The guy I'm supposed to Marry Quin Preston?" His eyes buldge out his head.
"YOU'RE MARRYING QUIN PRESTON?" I nod my head looking back to the photos. "When did this happen?!" I sigh explaining how I'd be marrying him to kept the family buisniss afloat. "And you just agreeded marry this guy? What if he is our guy, you know the one who killed Luke?!"

"What else do you suggest I do? I have the dress desiger coming by tomorrow! I can't do much else. I have no where else to go that they wouldn't just be able to find me from. I'm trapped in this argument."

Just as I finished my statement my phone dinged.

Unknown: So your family is trying to get you to marry this Quin guy?