16 || blood

WHEN THEY TOOK MURPHY INTO THE DROPSHIP, I MADE SURE TO STAY WITH HIM IN CASE ANY OF BELLAMY'S BOYS TRIED ANYTHING. Not that I would be able to stop them or anything, They would just be too scared of Bellamy to hurt me.

"Where is he?" An angry Bellamy came marching through the drop ship. "Everyone but Connor and Derek out, now!"

I stayed, as did Clarke and Finn who weren't far behind Bellamy. "Lia. Out," Bellamy growled.

"You're not the boss of me," I sassed, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Oh, wanna bet on that? Connor, get her out of here." He ordered the dark-skinned boy. With Bellamy's words, Connor grabbed me by the arm and practically threw me out of the drop ship.

"Jerk!" I called out to Bellamy and Connor inside the drop ship. I ended up going back to my tent and reading for a while to pass the time 

I finished the book after about an hour. Then I quickly put my jacket and shoes back on and made my way to Jess, who was on water duty again.

"Hey, kid," She smiled, sparing a glance over to me as she continued her work. "Wanna help?"

"Sure," I grinned and started pouring leftover water we had from people's canteens into a big bucket.

After a while of helping Jess, Bellamy came up to me. He looked pissed.

"Did you touch Murphy yesterday?" He demanded. I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Huh?"

"Did you touch Murphy yesterday?" He repeated in an angrier tone. Why would he need to know if I touched him? I hugged him but that's not a big deal, right?

"I hugged him, why?" I said in a confused tone.

"Come on, Clarke needs to examine you," He beckoned me away.

"Why does she need to examine me?" I asked as we approached the drop ship.

"The Grounders sent him here with a virus," Bellamy answered.

Inside the drop ship, people were really sick. Some were coughing up blood, others were passed out, there was so much blood. Blood leaking from peoples eyes, noses, ears, mouths, everywhere. Bellamy left to go get Octavia so Clarke could examine her.

Clarke shone her torch in my eyes, ears and mouth to check if I was sick. She asked me if I felt dizzy, had a headache or felt unwell. I answered I wasn't and she said I didn't have symptoms.

Octavia came in straight after with Bellamy. Clarke examined her.

"Okay, we're done," Clarke said as she shut off her flashlight. "No visible signs of swelling or bleeding."

"So you're saying they don't have it?" Bellamy removed the cloth from his mouth to speak.

"I'm saying they don't have symptoms, but that could change. We need to keep them here just in case," Clarke's voice sounded weak and tired.

"No way," Bellamy protested. "Look at this place, they'll get sick just being here."

"Do you wanna stop the spread or not?" Clarke deadpanned. When she saw Bellamy's hesitation, she said, " Look. I'll keep them on the third level with the people who aren't symptomatic yet.". When Bellamy still didn't agree, she said "Think of it as a way to stop them from sneaking out again."

"Rude," I spat.

"Screw you, Clarke." Octavia insulted. Bellamy eventually sighed and gave in.

"I'll let you know if their conditions change," The blonde promised. Octavia and I both angrily started climbing up the ladder.