Chapter 20

A New Party Drug Doesn't Have Intended Effects

My first high school party! I am so excited. This is my last year of high school and I haven't been to a party once. But tonight I will let loose. I dressed up in the sexiest outfit I have.

"You ready?" Asked Rosa. She is my friend and she has been to countless parties.

"Yes!" I squealed. The party was at Adrian's house, Rosa's kind of friend.

When we reached there the party was already in full swing. You could hear the music five houses away- where we parked our car. At the door, some huge boys were standing and stopping people.

"What's this?" I whispered to Rosa. She said nothing but nodded at those boys. They let us inside.

"That was soo cool." I said to her. She just slightly smiled at me. She started going somewhere.

"Where are you going?" I asked holding her arm.

"You are going to stick with me?" She asked.

"Can I?" I asked giving her my best puppy eyes.

"Ugh! Fine." She said.

"Hey Rosa. You wanna try the new stuff ?" Someone asked. She nodded. We went inside a room where people were huddled together.

"Nice timing. Rosa. We are just starting. I don't know what it is but I've heard it's good." Drugs?! I silently stood there not knowing what to do. They all took turns doing it. After some time they were all buzzed. Suddenly Rosa stood up.

"Hey, Ames. Let's go." She said.

"Go where?" I asked.

"To do homework." She said. I was confused.

"Huh?" I asked.

"Yes. Let's go." The guy from earlier said. Everyone started murmuring in agreement. What is happening? I went outside for some fresh air.

"Hey." Someone said. I turned around to look. It was Jake.

"Hey." I said.

"What are you doing here?" He asked.

"Oh I came with Rosa but she.." I didn't knew whether I should tell him or not.

"Oh the new stuff ?" He asked. My eyes widened. He started laughing.

"Did she do something unusual yet?" He asked.

"Yes. She said she wants to go do her homework." I said.

"Yes. This new stuff has some unintended results. After taking it, people become kind of responsible." He explained.

"Oh." I said. We stood there silently.

"Wanna get out of here?" He asked.

"Sure. Let me text Rosa."