the internal battle

I wonder... will you still look at me the same after I tell you what I did?

Will you trust me any less than you already do...?

I've changed, Mayaa.

He furrowed his brows as he thought of why he was just feeling the push back of guilt now, shouldn't he have felt it all of the times they were together...? Amayaa's large eyes peered past his figure, raking in everything in his room.

Chrollo stepped back, letting her back into his room. She stepped back into the familiar orange haze that was cast onto the room.

Amayaa's eyes flicked to the loud heater,

Were you trying to drown out your conversation...?

As she walked to his bed and she smiled a little, reasons unknown to herself. Amayaa raised her hands to her abdomen, and picked at the little bandaids, and tried to peek at the wound underneath before a large hand placed itself on her shoulder, the hand-spun her around to face its owner.

Chrollo picked up both of her hands with his and looked at the bandaids curiously, as he noticed the kiddish design he chuckled a little before looking back up at Amayaa, his cobblestone eyes pressed into hers for answers.

She looked down at her fingers with a sad expression, she closed her eyes tiredly and parted her lips,

"I freaked out. When I saw the bruises that you gave me... I remembered something I hadn't thought about in forever. " She said with a blank cold tone,

Chrollo's eyes dragged to the ground, he stared at the floor with a scowl on his face for a couple of seconds before he dropped her hands and pulled the neckline of the hoodie away from her neck to see the mark he had given her in a quick act of violence. He looked at the fierce firey purple that resided all the way up her neck and begun to start on her jaw.

A certain area closer to her ear was swollen and blue,

"You broke my jaw." She said opening her eyes to look up at Chrollo who had a resentful expression on his face. He squinted his eyes and pulled Amayaa's beat-up frame into his, her face being stuffed into the crook of his neck and his hand clutching onto her dark hair. She scowled as his familiar cologne flooded her senses, her swollen cheek was being pushed into his warm skin.

She stared blankly into his chest as a hot sense of pain flared in between her thighs, she shifted and pushed her knee in to try and relieve the aftereffect of the greek god she had drunkenly gotten railed by,

Chrollo just stroked her head while he muttered how sorry he was and how he barely remembered his tantrum, her face twisted into a look of confusion as she tuned in to actually listen to his 'remorse'.

She stood there for a couple more moments to let him soak her up before he eventually loosened his grip and pushed her outwards to see her face, he still held onto her elbows and looked at Amayaas tired face.

"Have you eaten today? Do you need some water...? I don't want you sick... ok?"

He said with genuine worry, Amayaa could pick that up by the sound of his heartbeat, she smiled a little at his genuine care.

"I haven't," She said with a sad smile.

Chrollo furrowed his brows and tucked a stray piece of hair behind her ear.

"Let's get you something to eat, alright." He said letting go of her elbows and walking to the telephone to call up room service.

She watched him pick up the phone and dial a number into the keypad, peering back onto a sheet of paper occasionally,

Amayaa brought a hand up to her forehead,

Slit his throat?

How could I even think of that? I've known this man for at least five years... and won't hesitate to take his life as soon as his guard is down?

Good grief May... You're a wreck... Don't I care for him?

Her train of thought was interrupted by a strike of pain between her legs,

Oh, and you had to go cheat on him while he drunk himself dead waiting for you,

Her eyebrows folded upwards, painting a look of sodden guilt.

Amayaa itched the back of her palm, rolling the elastic hair tie over her wrist over and over again. She finally broke from the spot where she stood on the carpet and walked to the bathroom,

She grabbed the handle sharply and quietly slammed the door behind her, she pressed up against the back of the door and slid down to the cold tiles below her feet. Mayaa ran a painted hand through her hair, gripping it slightly to restrain it from falling back onto her sensitive face.

The world around her went dark as she closed her eyes, taking a moment to bring herself back to reality.

You're pathetic.

----------------------------------------

A/N-

i am soooo sorry this took so long to write cus i didnt really have the chance, things r pretty crazy in my personal life rn so just be patient w me! <333 luv yall

also oops forgot to tag the person LMAO)

also tysm for 1k reads, it is so mindblowing,

i wanna thank sillyillymilly

they really boosted my story and gave me such good advice on how to improve on my writing,

so if ur reading this,

thank you so much <3

luv u!!!!

- author