23: Ferris Wheel

I walked out of Nick's room only to see Arie standing at the end of the hallway holding a baby doll.

As soon as she noticed that I was there I quickly ran and locked myself inside the bathroom. There is no way in hell that I was gonna play dolls or tea party with her for the 3rd day in a row. I got here Saturday and its Tuesday and I've hardly spent any of that time with Nick, so I had a plan.

After I finished up in the bathroom, without grabbing Aries attention I snuck back into Nick's room. When I got there I seen that he had woken up and he was on his phone inside the fort we made. While I visited, since they didnt have a spare bedroom, I slept on his bed and he slept in the fort.

"Goodmorning." I said with a smile.

"Morning." He replied before yawning.

"You better get up and get ready soon."

"Whyyy?" He complained.

"Because we have plans."

"Where are we going."

"You'll find out." I told him as I grabbed my backpack with my stuff and I snuck back out to the bathroom once again avoiding Arie.

I changed into a presentable outfit and I set my bag down next to nicks door and I went downstairs waiting for him to get ready.

I reached the kitchen where I found that mrs.armstrong was making breakfast, even though it was 1pm.

I sat down at the table where I was greeted by mrs.armstrong and a very tired mya.

"How late did you stay up?" I asked the girl and she let her head rest on her arms before responding, "to late."

I chuckled and I thanked mrs.armstrong for the plate of food I had received.

I was about halfway done with my food when I seen Nick walk down the stairs and join us at the table.

We finished up and Mya hadn't even touched her food yet.

"Mya are you alright?" I asked her.

"I'm fine." She said looking up and smiling at me, "I'm just not that hungry." And with that she stood up and went back upstairs.

Nick and I cleaned the plates that we used.

"Mrs.armstrong can I borrow your car for a little bit?" I asked her.

"Yes, but please dont crash it, also, dont forget to wear your masks." She told me.

I nodded at her before grabbing her keys and walking outside with Nick following me.

"Will you please just tell me where were going?" He asked.

"Nope, it's a surprise." I responded with a smile.

I got in the front seat and he got in the passenger side. He connected his phone to the radio and started playing his music.

"HEY! Driver gets to play music." I told him.

"But- Its my phone." He responded.

"Fine then, let's choose together."

"Okay... what abouttt... 100 gecs?" He asked me.

"Yesss!"

---

I pulled up into the parking lot of our destination.

"A carnival?" He questioned.

"Yeah, do you not like them?" I asked putting my mask on.

"Its just been so long since I've been to one, I dont remember which rides I dont like."

"Well then, let's refresh your memory." I said and we both got out of the car and we headed up to the booth thing where you buy tickets from.

"hello, how many tickets would you like?" The old lady in the booth asked me.

"50 each please." I said with a smile.

"Okay then, that'll be $20" she told me and I handed her a 20 dollar bill and grabbed our tickets.

We walked around looking at all the rides before I suggested that we go on a spinning ride (y'know the one where you sit inside of a apple shaped thing and you spin a wheel in the middle and it spins you, yeah that one)

We both used a ticket and got inside a apple thingy.

When we sat down he looked at me with worried eyes and I just said, "try not to throw up, we just got here."

His eyes widened and the ride started up and I made us spin really, really, really fast.

---

"I think I'm starting to remember why I havent been to a carnival in so long." Nick said.

"Whys that."

"Because I didnt like ANY of the rides." I laughed at his response before I seen that I only had one ticket left and I assumed Nick only had one left aswell.

"Which ride do you wanna go on before we go home?" He asked me.

"We havent went on the Farris wheel yet." I suggested.

He hesitated before saying, "why not." And grabbing my wrist and dragging me to the ride.

As we stood in line waiting for our turn I admired the sight. The bright lights shining in the night sky. The big wheel slowly spinning in a circle before coming to a stop an letting more people on.

Eventually it was our turn and we both got on and waited for it to start moving and it did.

We slowly but surely made our way to the top and it stopped.

"Hey y/n?" Nick said.

"Yeah?"

"Theres been something on my mind."

"What is it?"

"Well I've spent a lot of time thinking and..." he stopped and looked at the floor, "I- I- I like you."

"Really? I l- like you too." I told him with a smile.

"Like, for real?"

"Like, for real."

He looked at me with a smile, "well then I have a question for you."

"I think I have an answer." I told him also smiling.

"Will you be my girlfriend?"

---
AHHHHH

hi :)

You must be a tower because Eiffel for you.