Chapter 2

Every summer, the city became hot and difficult. By the afternoon, the high temperature in the past few days was finally relieved by heavy rain and gusts of wind, turning the day cool and refreshing.

The parents picking up their children from Habin International School were holding umbrellas. Compared to other schools in more difficult financial positions, the school seemed to become vacant in an instant.

It had only been two months since Lisa left her old position and began working here. As a result, she was still unfamiliar with many places within the school. However, she had already somewhat understood the skills of some of her students.

After turning on the faucet and washing her hands, she lowered her head to look at the watercolor stain on her chest that, once diluted with water, had turned into something akin to an art pattern. She sighed and said to herself in the mirror, “Awful little kid! One day, I'll find a way to deal with you.”

At that time, the little kid was arrogant in class, affecting other children's reading. She, as a language teacher, politely warned him and did not expect to be targeted by the other party.

Lisa was so angry that, just a moment ago, she spoke with the mother about the incident. But, the other party merely scratched the surface with false suppositions and excuses. She unexpectedly encountered such a spirit, ah.

Although this was a private school, there was bound to be students from wealthy background, but wealth was not a necessary requirement for enrollment. As a result, there will be differences in the quality of students.

Today, she really wanted to wear a beautiful dress to go on a date. Holding her mobile phone over the stain, she saw that it was too light to wash. She looked at the time and wondered if she should go home to change or just go directly to the restaurant for her blind date.

She had just entered the corridor to go to the office to pack up when she saw that there was still a student in her class who had not been picked up by his parents.

The boy sat in his school uniform. His white shirt and black trousers were neat and unwrinkled, giving him a very extravagant appearance. Although he was still young, his eyebrows were already handsome, and his academic performance was excellent. He was well-behaved and was already a handsome little boy who was a favorite of many female students.

As she walked over, she still had some doubts. She knew that he was not much different from many of the children here. Every day, there were luxury cars to pick him up and to take him to school.

She glanced at the movements of his hands on the straps of the bag. Smiling softly, she asked, "Jeon Soobin, what's wrong? There's no car to pick you up today?"

The boy only raised his eyebrows faintly, and it not only looked particularly distinctive but even the demeanor also made her feel a sense of familiarity.

“Today my uncle will come to pick me up. He's just late."

Lisa’s heart softened and she said, “With such a big rain, the road must be blocked. Don’t worry. Your uncle will arrive soon.”

“There's no worry,” he said and turned his head slightly to look at her.

Lisa : "..."

Nowadays, primary school students are like this, can't just chat happily.

She looked at his little school bag and empty hands. If she remembered correctly, when he came this morning, he should have a long umbrella with a superhero pattern.

"Soobin, have you forgotten your umbrella?"

The child's expression paused, and he said, "I didn't bring an umbrella. You remember it wrong."