Chapter 29

Lisa feared that Jungkook was being too severe and might scare Soobin. She silently frowned and struggled to say, “Today, I spoke with Teacher Taehyung. He said that Beomgyu claimed that you’re always making a lot of the kids in class think that he was bullying you, whether it was breaking an umbrella or throwing a pencil box, including this t-shirt incident.”

Soobin’s popularity in the classroom was already very high, making it easy for him to completely isolate Beomgyu and pushing him to the point that everyone would hate him all the more. As a result, Beomgyy could only intensity the use of violence as a means of gaining “attention” and “friendship.”

Soobin’s face was still expressionless, but when he turned to look at her, his eyes were fierce. “Anyway, you all believed what he said. I have no evidence to prove that these were all done by him, so I won’t even bother.”

Jungkook smiled and said without any fluctuations in his tone, "Okay, here’s what you did. Your uncle had thought of the script for you. You broke the umbrella first, then hid the pencil, and made everyone mistakenly think that classmate did it. He was angry with you and rebuked you, and you never fought back but allowed others to see it. Later, at the sports meeting, you wanted to escalate the situation, but you did not expect that the girl would get injured. "

Lisa understood that Jungkook’s assumptions were not just hypotheses. The small details had initially been confusing, but now they made perfect sense. All the fragments were now connected into a whole picture, making it more believable. In the end, all these were Soobin’s tricks.

She messaged her eyebrows tiredly, lowered herself in front of him, and looked at his silent face very seriously. “Lia went and confronted Beomgyu because she likes you. Do you understand? Soobin, you should not allow those who loves you to get hurt.”

Soobin had always been an excellent boy in her eyes. Compared to the slightly more arrogant Yoongi, he seemed to be more like Director Jeon. He was prideful and a little unyielding, looked handsome, and was especially fun to tease.

However, this kind of precocious child was no match against a man like Jungkook, who had faced countless difficulties and who was strong and independent.

Jungkook began to guess his motive. “Did he first look at you unpleasantly? But, he didn’t really dare to do anything to you.”

Soobin could not find any words to cover himself, when his uncle had correctly guessed everything he had thought. The fortress of his thoughts fell apart in an instant. He couldn’t hold back so much thought, and finally opened his mouth, his voice shaking. “He couldn’t bully me, but he bullies my friends. I was just giving him back what he was owed."

This was the first time Lisa heard Soobin speak in such a tearful voice, the sound like a muffled, whimpering little beast. Her heart softened, but Jungkook did not stop. He lowered his head slightly to look at his nephew and asked, “Why would you do this kind of thing?”

“Why not? He deserves it.”

“Soobin, you don’t have the right to manipulate and deprive others of life, do you know? You are 100 times worse than your classmate. If this goes on, in the future, perhaps you might even wonder why you can’t put people to death?”

His words were calm but logical, like a sharp needle piercing at your most defenseless spots.

Lisa took Soobin’s hands in hers. They remained stilled for a moment, before she said, “It’s probably impossible for me to persuade you. But, I really wanted to protest you against all the injustices you suffered. I really wanted to protect you.”

However, Soobin’s eyes clearly reflected his cold thoughts.

I don’t need you, and I don’t believe you.