Chapter 33

This week, the Department of Education sent a team to investigate whether Hyunshik had harassed his subordinates and accepted bribes from parents.

Regardless of the results of the investigation, Lisa was very satisfied. As she graded homework in the office, she sent a WeChat message to Chaeyoung and chatted excitedly about it.

After chatting for a while, she remembered her discussion with Jungkook last night. She asked Chaeyoung, “Do you think it’s normal for people with a high IQ and a lot of talent to have psychological obstacles?”

Chaeyoung responded with a smiling expression, though it was unclear whether she was ridiculing Lisa. “Don’t tell me that you discovered that Director Jeon have some strange sexual habits???”

Lisa snorted and typed back, “That’s not it! I just think that he seemed to have a lot on his mind.”

After a while, the other party responded, “That’s for sure. Maybe it’s because of work. Many elite people in big cities now have anxiety. But, in order to make an accurate diagnosis, it would require many tests.”

After reading her friend’s reply, Lisa thought it was probably her who was too anxious. She knew that this matter wasn’t really important. After all, if she wants him to completely open up to her, she would need to work on it step by step.

In the afternoon, when Lisa was ready to get off work, the sun was already sinking in the west. The sky had a bright layer of gold intertwined with orange. The temperature had dropped a few degrees and, without the sun, it was easy to feel as if one might freeze in the cold. She pulled on her coat and gathered her long hair. When she was about to leave the office, she received a call from Jungkook.

“I’m in front of your school,” he said in a low voice. “We’re going out for dinner tonight.”

Lisa walked outside and saw Jungkook’s Cadillac parked by the roadside. She deliberately checked whether there were any familiar teachers and parents around first before getting in.

After closing the door, the cold air was completely shut out. Feeling warm all over, she studied him and asked, “You don’t have to work today?”

"Well, there was something tonight but it was temporarily cancelled." Jungkook leaned over, pulled her seat belt across her chest, and carefully click it in place. Only then did he start the car.

Lisa asked sweetly, "Where shall we eat?"

“I’ll take you to a small bar owned by a friend. Oh, Daniel and his wife will also be there.”

She took a quick look at the man. As he turned the steering wheel with his hands, he met her eyes and asked, “Any opinions?”

Lisa didn’t understand what his plan was but since he decided it, how could she refuse? Besides, she hadn’t met Daniel yet and thought it would be interesting to meet the man in person.

She looked back at the scenery outside, where the neon lamps had already lit up the streets.

Lisa suddenly remembered something and said, “When will you bring Soobin over to visit again?”

Jungkook's lips tipped up. “My sister-in-law just came back so let’s wait for a while.”

Lisa knew that the family of three were working hard to fix their emotional crisis. As a result, the little nephew hadn’t come to his Uncle Jeon’s house for a long time.

She secretly thought that it was fortunate that Jungkook was not like his elder brother. Otherwise, she would not have married him at all.

As he carefully drove, he asked her, “Do you like children?”