Chapter 22

Lisa sat alone in the apartment’s glass terrace for a long time. She thought about the incident that happened in the afternoon and felt dispirited. She recalled that Hyunshik had called Taehyung away, and she couldn’t help but feel pained.

When he returned, Taehyung had refused to tell her the specific content of their conversation. He merely smiled at her and resumed his usual expression. “What else can he do? He can’t fire me. He may criticize me and what not, but for the time being, there’s no way he could do it. Even if he did fire me, this is something that I must do.”

Lisa also understood. Even if they couldn’t really change anything, even if it was just muddy water that they both had to wade through, she and Taehyung were not relatives. She shouldn’t let others stand in front of her to protect her.

Moreover, she promised Soobin she would take care of this matter, and she should always keep her promise.

It was just that Taehyung’s words were not unreasonable. Yerim Kim could never empathize with them. In her entire life, she would probably never have the capability to understand their position and perspectives

“One must absolutely note injure a child’s heart”, “As a teacher, one must always be an upright model to the students.” In the eyes of such a woman, what was the worth of thoughts like these?

Lisa placed a pot of tea next to her and sat alone for a long time, feeling depressed.

She looked at the brown door that opened to Jungkook’s studio for a long time, remembering that night when he had told her not to enter it casually and not to move anything.

Usually, when he was absent, the door would be firmly locked. It was not to keep her out, but because he was afraid that thieves might get in. In short, everything must be prevented beforehand.

Lisa did not understand. Everyone naturally has their own territories. It was understandable that men like him might need their own independent space. But, if they were not a couple who had a flash marriage but was instead a pair of lovers, would he still be so demanding?

The moment this idea bubbled up, Lisa felt that this momentous thought would not result in anything good.

The night was eerily quiet, and the neighborhood was silent. Her heart calmed down slowly so that she could clearly see the current state of life.

In the past few months, she was married to such a great director. Since then, her ordinary life had became at once bizarre and wonderful. But, it was still lacking some vitality.

She knew that it was not good to never be content. Some people believed that having enough food and clothing and no worries was already a great blessing. Lisa also thought that it was not bad. But, when all was said and done, she nevertheless still felt a little shaken.

Without realizing it, Lisa found herself standing in front of his studio door. She gently brushed her hand across the edge of the door frame. The other side of the door was like a restricted area she could not set foot in, much like Jungkook’s inner world.

How to resolve this, and how to change? All these bits and pieces that were gradually connecting them together was not just a relationship but also love...

She turned and leaned her slightly hot back against the cold wood. Then, she slowly moved away with both hands crossed over her shoulders, feeling somewhat at a loss.

When Jungkook finished working for the day, he came out and saw Lisa sitting on a recliner, playing with her hair in a daze. She casually held her long hair in her hands, fingers untangling the knots. Her exhaustion was clear.