Ch. 35 | The Party

Summary: Spencer and Reader attend a BAU party.

Also, JJ is my baby y'all better be nice to her 😤 she ain't do nothing to y'all.

Content Warning(s): Underage drinking, Adults w/ Age Gap (10y), Daddy Kink mention, talk about pregnancy/kids

——————————————————

Rossi's house was every bit as extravagant as I had expected. I had come in honestly hoping to be slightly disappointed so I could mock him for it, but, as always, he had to force his appearance to be as unnecessarily elegant as possible.

That being said, I was a little surprised to find that most everyone gathered in one spot - the kitchen. It was only to be expected, considering it was usually the happiest room in the home. That certainly remained true for Rossi. But they were also all gathered there because that was where the wine was – wine that I was not allowed to drink.

Rossi didn't have a problem with it... Spencer did. Because of course he did. And while I politely declined when Rossi offered me some, anyway, I found another offer a little more tempting. Which explains why I found myself clutching Derek's flask and draining half the contents quickly enough to remind him that I was, in fact, in college.

And if anyone were to ask, I would simply tell them that we were hanging out in the hall outside the bathroom to have a very deep and secret heart-to-heart about our shared love for a certain mop headed genius. It would have been the perfect cover to use on pretty much everyone except...

"Ahem."

The sound of Spencer's throat clearing behind me was enough to cause me to choke, and I quickly tossed the closed flask back to an already giggling Derek as I shouted, "Fuck!" I didn't even turn around when his hand snaked around my hip. Instead, I just groaned.

"The narc's here," I whispered to Derek, but he knew better than to answer.

"The narc?" Spencer balked, much to his friend's delight.

"It was fun while it lasted," Derek offered in consolation, taking a swig out of the flask and earning a very defensive glare from my boyfriend. In fact, Spencer seemed downright pissed, which wasn't what I had been expecting when I agreed.

Oops. What's the male equivalent of a cat fight?

"Morgan, didn't you lecture me about her drinking underage a few months ago?" he snapped, grabbing the flask from a more than willing Derek. Spencer sniffed the contents and immediately recoiled, tossing it back again.

"She's not my girlfriend," he mumbled, shooting a glance down to see me sort of just making heart eyes at the sight of my boyfriend being a stupid level of jealous that I'd been caught in the hallway with another boy.

"How does that make it better? That makes it patently worse," he argued. Derek might have responded to it, too, if I hadn't latched myself onto Spencer's side.

"You're so cute when you get all stupid and possessive," I drawled, burying my face in his shoulder in what I think was supposed to be a playful kiss, but actually just ended up being a muffled laugh.

"That," Derek chuckled, pointing to me teetering back and forth on my heels at Spencer's side, "That is my cue to leave." With one final wink, he whispered, "Don't be too hard on him, Princess."

Spencer's angry sigh and entirely stiff posture should have served as my warning, but it was just funny to me at the time.

"They all think I'm the boss of us," I giggled. "Me! The boss!"