Fake Engagement

Menma hadn't really known how he has gotten away with that but he did. Here he was in his home looking over folders with his wife. Hinata who he praised for being smarter than the rest of their graduation class, and for actually helping him out with this was amazing.

"So what I was thinking, How come these people weren't his targets?" Hinata said and Honestly Menma didn't know. He was confused as well and so was Sasuke.

"I'm wondering the same, but from what Sasuke is telling me. He's really smart, overheard the Kazekage talk about Naruto." Menma said, Hinata looked at him and Menma sighed.

Menma put the folder down and rubbed his forehead.

"I just hope I'm not causing too much trouble for my little brother. With what the Hokage and Advisor seemed to agree on is that he is responsible for something he didn't do." Hinata smiled.

"Well I'm sure your brother will understand, both you and  Sasuke are doing this for him, and for the wrongs committed against him." Hinata gathered the folders and put them away.

"Let's get some fresh air, we've been home for weeks now pouring over this information." Menma nodded and laced his hands with Hinata and headed out of the home, his spiky blonde hair and violet eyes shining in the sun.

Shikamaru kicked Naruto in his leg, he didn't really like this idea, but he knew his Hokage wouldn't stop badgering him about this. Naruto's eyes opened and he whispered calmly.

"You better be ready to die, it's not even twelve in the afternoon." Shikamaru scoffed.

"Stop threatening me with death every time there is an slight inconvenience for you!" Shikamaru said throwing that bay on Naruto.

"Get dressed, Hokage thinks you might be happy meeting people your age." Naruto snorted.

"No he thinks I'll grow close to somebody and spill what crimes I've committed. Well I'm not going to." Shikamaru rolled his eyes.

"Your brothers will be there, play nice." Naruto slammed the bathroom door while Shikamaru hummed. He wasn't sure but their interactions have been funnier and a lot more welcomed than they were before.

Though he refused to believe that he was falling for the criminal.

Naruto came out with his red and black hair against his back, he had on a long sleeve green Nara shirt and black jeans. Shikamaru didn't know Naruto would look so good with his clan on his back.

"I'm not wearing the ring." Shikamaru smirked and held his hand up.

"You don't want to have matching rings?" Shikamaru asked pointing to his ring finger and Naruto squinted his eyes.

"You are being played." Naruto said as he slipped on the ring, he folded his arms and spoke.

"You are going to be mad when they tell you the truth." Shikamaru hummed.

"We are merely pretending to be engage." Shikamaru said and Naruto rolled his eyes.

"I want to break off this engagement." Naruto said as he held Shikamaru's hand, making a blank face, thinking of being with a deer for the rest of his life.

"It's fake don't worry." Shikamaru said as they stumbled into the barbecue place.

"He's going to kill you." Shikaku said watching as Kakashi made official documents to marry Naruto and Shikamaru. Since Naruto was technically a civilian for the leaf village, being disowned by both of his clans, he could marry the Nara.

Kakashi made it happened, under the pretense that Shikamaru needed an heir and quickly, it was approved by the elders and so legally, now Shikamaru and Naruto were married.

"He'll be mad, though we need to know about Naruto." Shikaku sighed.

"What is your obsession with a boy who in all honesty is cleared of the charges against him?" Shikaku asked and Kakashi didn't say anything, Shikaku only looked at the sixth Hokage and spoke.

"Naruto is going to kill you, and I honestly will look the other way if he does."

"He won't be able to kill me." Kakashi said and Shikaku sighed. He honestly wondered how all of this would turn out.

Thought he'd bet his funds on the outcome being in Naruto's favor.

"YOU BOUGHT HIM! NICE TO SEE YOU AGAIN KIT!" Naruto quickly fixed his face and smiled to Ino.

"Nice to see you again Ino. You can call me Naruto." She gasped and held his hand.

"You made it official." Naruto smiled.

"Shockingly, though I knew he was the one the minute he had me surrounded by explosive tags." Ino gasped.

"Huh?" Everybody else said and Shikamaru sighed, he hated Naruto.

"Oh! Let me tell you all how I met Shikamaru. I'm Naruto by the way, Orphan." Naruto sat at the table, he watched as everybody introduced themselves.

"I'm Menma and this is my wife Hinata."  The room went silent, and Naruto smiled.

"Don't you think our eyes are similar? We could be siblings!" Naruto said and Menma chuckled.

"If that was the case, so could you and Sasuke." Naruto looked next to Menma to see Sasuke waving.

"You could, though unfortunately my biological brother is an asshole." Naruto tilted his head and sat down.

"Tell me about him." Naruto said and Sasuke tilted his head but soon Naruto, Menma and Sasuke were having a hush conversation. Naruto seemed to be happy about being with somebody other than Shikamaru.

Shikamaru was weirded out by how quick they all seemed to bond. However he liked to see the blush on Naruto's face as him and Sasuke seemed to talk about something so interesting.

"We almost killed the wrong Uchiha."

"I like this Uchiha and this Uchiha only."

"Look! Everybody loves Naruto." Ino chided as she and Choji sat next to Shikamaru.

"Whatever!" Shikamaru said as he watched as Naruto looked at him, he tilted his head and Naruto spoke.

"I hope you choke!" Naruto said as Shikamaru rolled his eyes.

"Yeah I'll choke on something alright." Shikamaru said and Naruto rolled his eyes and lifted his middle finger.

"Yeah whatever princess." Shikamaru said and Menma whispered something into his ear, Naruto's eyes flashed with something before he laughed.

"Shikamaru really is cute when he isn't speaking." Naruto winked and Shikamaru scoffed.

"For an engaged couple there is a lot of threats being spoken right now." Neji said looking between the duo, squinting his eyes and Naruto spoke smoothly.

"Shikamaru is a Sadomasochistic." Eyes looked to Shikamaru who only smirked.

"So is Naruto." Naruto took his drink to his lips and smiled.

"So, how I about I tell you all now how me and Shikamaru met." Soon everybody looked to Naruto as Menma and Sasuke shared a look.

*

😌🛐