No Rest for The Weary

How long had it been? Shikamaru wasn't sure. He was sitting in his spare room, surrounded by the folders trying to figure out who was in the wrong? Who's side he should be on and when he finished that last folder he wanted to head to sleep.

Only for him to realize that Menma dropped off something for him to sink his teeth into as well and since he hasn't been asleep in about 48 hours he decided he should maybe read that as well.

He hadn't thought that Kakashi was the same as Hizuren, or even Minato? The Fifth Hokage wasn't very much a puppet but she was a drunk and barely did her job as Hokage. Shikamaru could feel his eyes actually closing and they did, but really he was passing out from exhaustion.

He wasn't aware that Naruto watched him pass out, heading in the room to pick him up and lay him in their shared bed before he went to clean up the room. Not once had Naruto said anything about the leaf village and it's corruption, he didn't want to make it seem like he was coercing Shikamaru into believing him?

So after he cleaned the room, Naruto headed to make dinner. He was hoping Shikamaru would wake up in about six hours but despite how tired he was, it might be a little later.

Shikamaru despite how sleepy he was would've never even bothered to look as deep as he had done the past few weeks. It all started with Tobirama Senju. He blatantly discriminated against the Uchiha's and made them become police officers around the village. Shikamaru's eyes furrowed as he thought of that.

However it got better when Hizuren took over and the police force wasn't as brutal. Their signed agreement to move the Uchiha's back into the village, and and even make some of them government officials.

Danzo having kidnapped orphans to make them into elite soldiers to make them weapons for the village. Nothing really corruptive happened until Naruto was born. Well until he was two anyways.

He awakened his Sharigan and two years later there was a meeting. Between Minato, Kushina, Fugaku, Hizuren and even Kakashi and Itachi as the Anbu watching the meeting.

Kushina tried to offer up the child to the Uchiha clan, she hadn't wanted to child to die, She was being forced too by Minato. Fugaku completely said that he would never take a child with Uzumaki and Uchiha blood, and Minato didn't want a child that wasn't his.

Fugaku said that they wouldn't be able to handle Naruto's Sharigan, that he didn't want that shame on Itachi and Sasuke. So Hizuren moved to declare Naruto an orphan and as an Orphan he was free game for Danzo.

Kushina knew what would happen if Danzo were to ever get their hands on a orphaned Uchiha. Minato however didn't care, it wasn't his child but Kushina thought that she should kill the child. Spare him the suffering of being with Danzo. Kushina did it because she believed it was the only way to save her youngest child.

That made Shikamaru unbelievably mad, upset. However after that particular beating Naruto went into hiding, he hadn't stepped foot back into the village, and he wondered why, however he knew that he could ask Naruto when their relationship is better.

However there was one mission report that bugged Shikamaru and it was Minato's. Then some hospital files that belonged to Kushina and always seemed to line up with her 'returning home' from a mission.

However then he move onto the crimes committed by Menma and Sasuke.

Shikamaru had to ask Menma how he remembered a brother when he was only four years old, he didn't get a straight answer, he never did messing with Menma. However Menma and Sasuke worked together to kill off the people who judged their brother the most.

It was why the duo were so close in the academy, how they were always stronger than their graduating class. The needed to be when they killed Hizuren, Fugaku and even Danzo. Disbanded the root, and even snuck into the Uchiha house to steal funds and save it for Naruto.

Of course Naruto was touch by this. His brothers wanted him to come home, he couldn't just up and leave them now that he's has met them. This village was his last stop anyways and it looks as if Naruto wouldn't have to do much anyways. All he had to do was just casually threatened the Nara he was currently married too.

Naruto smiled as he turned to stove off and put all the food in the fridge, he would warm it up when Shikamaru was ready. He knew that Shikamaru wasn't getting up right now, and so he only headed upstairs, he stood in the doorway and watched him sleep.

"He looks so exhausted."

"It's because when his brain runs, he can't turn it off."

"You've done a lot research when it comes to that clan." Kurama hummed.

"I had to, the only clan that would be able to give me run for my money. Obviously Uchiha's and Uzumaki's wouldn't be able to, Nor Namikaze. The Hyuga clan was also generally a strong clan but this clan also amazed me." Naruto blinked as he saw Shikamaru roll over, his back was now to Naruto.

"To be so lazy, and to be so smart. Nobody in the Nara clan has a flee on sight order, and it was interesting to know that they generally have no motivation or a care in the world about anything but the one they deem troublesome." Naruto smiled a little.

"It kind of makes me wish I was born to the Nara clan for that. Not caring until it was time to care, ugh I envy Shikamaru." Naruto was broken from his conversation with Kurama when he heard a yawn, and Shikamaru sat up.

"Go back to sleep, you've hardly slept enough." Naruto says in a blank tone. Shikamaru turned his head to Naruto and gave a smile.

"I can't, you made dinner right? It'll be a shame if I don't choke tonight." Shikamaru said but he hardly had enough energy to get out of bed. I mean that was an everyday thing, but more than usual today. Naruto blinked and he sighed but spoke.

"So I grew up in Sunagakure after I ran away ."  Shikamaru blinked and watched as Naruto's laid in bed next to him. Shikamaru looked at him and Naruto held his hands out, Shikamaru scoffed but laid his head on Naruto's chest.

"I realized at a young age I was different, I hadn't known why until I met the sands Jinchuriki who is also like a brother to me." Shikamaru could feel himself being lulled back to sleep.

"It's wasn't until I met Fu another Jinchuriki that I learned we were tended to be discriminated against." Shikamaru eyes closed and he spoke.

"Is that what started your life of crime?" Naruto smiled.

"Yes, I've only changed villages because of how they treated their Jinchuriki's, and when we met that fateful night I was coming to kill some people, won't tell you who just yet but I was heading there." Shikamaru hummed.

"I know who." Naruto patted Shikamaru on the head and sighed softly.

"Though after I read all those folders, I kind want to kill them too, now I know why Menma and Sasuke wanted to eliminate these people."

Naruto went to speak but heard Shikamaru snoring softly, and soon followed him to sleep.

*

All will be revealed. Next chapter.... dun dun DUN