chapter 8 - searing thunder

[chapter 8 - searing thunder]

The ride to the airport was merely the most atrocious thing Takeshi had ever experienced.

The entire cab smelled thickly of the miserable combination of weed, blood, alcohol, and ass. Just the air inside the vehicle made Takeshi's skin burn and eyes tear up, he had to forcefully stop himself from instinctively breathing in whenever something moved or caught his attention. He wondered just how this uber driver even managed to stay in business.

A lazily burning cigarette hung comfortably from the woman's plump gold brown lips, hands driving the surprisingly clean, from the outside, car. She gave him the most flirtatious smile she could muster, puckering up her entire face and fluttering her thick mascaraed eyelashes as she tossed her slightly matted black hair behind her tanned shoulders. The look in her dark eyes was desperate, depressed, and Takeshi feed easily off that energy, though, a hidden part of him pitied her, it was a small, non-existent part of him.

Takeshi almost snorted out loud when she nearly drove off the road after her long glance at his face from the central mirror situated in the front seats.

What would have been short ten-ish minutes lasted for what seemed like hours before the airport actually came into view; Takeshi let out an audible sigh of relief, the woman flicking her gaze toward him at a startling speed. The car parked slowly on one of the only open parking spaces available, and he collected his things quickly before the wheels even stopped rolling.

The doors didn't unlock, and he didn't reach for them.

A heated glare toward the woman instantly made the door pop open and he smugly pushed it open with a toe of his shoe, not without an innocent smile toward her terrified face. The not-so-fresh-but-fresh-air was a blessing in his fake baggy lungs and a real smile placed itself upon his redder lips as he sidestepped far away from the vehicle. Though the smell of the car stuck to his clothes, he was calm with the knowledge of knowing it would be burned away easily once his unnatural smell replaced it, and if not, the thin almost non-existent layer of acid coating his skin would melt it away.

Takeshi pushed a stray chocolatey curl from his navy eyes, hardly, but definitely, catching the short attention of a stuck up looking teenage girl walking stiffly past him with her father's arm in her grasp. She had pin-straight black hair that hung just past her shoulders, a streak of neon yellow on the right side of her face that contrasted easily against the rest of the strands and the dark brown of her skin. A black crop-top hung over the top of her form and matched with a pair of baggy dark grey cargo pants. The look was pulled together by a bright blinding neon suitcase and handbag that matched her hair, suitcase covered in various amounts of 'edgy', but interesting, pins.

The crowryki focused on ignoring their presence, but since they were walking in the same direction and her sweet citrus smell kept wafting in his nose, it made ignoring quite difficult. So, he just matched their pace.

Inside the airport was disastrous, screaming and yowling children running right past his face and somewhere behind him as soon as he entered the crowded building. It was so early in the morning (the glowing green clocks in various corners screaming the numbers 6:47 in his eyes) and yet the place was stacked full of warm, sweaty humans. Takeshi metaphorically plugged his nose with cotton balls and flicked his ocean eyes around the several techy banners hanging above bored looking employees.