chapter 11 - golden tiger

[chapter 11 - golden tiger]

[part 2 - the heartbeat & the breath]

[pov - Ist person | Takeshi]

A hum. A low noise in the once still air, disturbing the peace in the unnamed room. A twinkling star shifted above and suddenly my gravity moved and my feet brushed easily against cold tile. But then they lifted, the feeling of solid ground crisp on the edge of my skin. Warmth rolled around tense muscles, searing acid sizzling in aggravation as the disoriented feeling of being hoisted up into unknown territories nerved me. 

The noise of plastic on metal, an electronic beep, before an ear splitting click. A shiver slid across my skin like shimmering dust over a still pond, the tickling of eyes caressing my figure. I went to glare back, to open my crimson eyes and see the fear over take their's, but my eyelids didn't open. 

I forgot how to open my eyes.

Terror shook my muscles, and my lungs filled with the familiar acid, rising up through my throat and bubbling in my mouth like drool. Dribbling like rain water from my lips was ink, contrasting against my corpse skin and breaking into uneven spider webs as I was jerked suddenly in a different direction. Distant voices hissed and whispered, tangling together like an off beat song, crashing like dark grey waves against stone, ringing like thunder in the sky. A choked, unnoticeable whimper coughed out from my throat, sputtering acid on my lips and unheard in the symphony of voices and foot steps.

A chilling hiss and suddenly coldness pressing against a tense spine, crackling along the diamond bones and sliding over titanium skin. Hot light pierced easily through pressed eyelids and furrowed eyebrows, burning into unopened eyes.

And then there would have been silence, if not for the constant humming of machinery and the hiss of technology. A jaw tensed and an irritated hiss rang throughout the new room, resting uneasily on the cracked walls. Suddenly a fluttered heartbeat awoke.

Pure instinct allowed pale eyelids to peel open once again, to unleash blood red irises to the air and raining ink black tears down smooth cheeks. Dust in the air burned into my eyes instantly, swirling like embers into the soft lens. Blowing like a breath on his cheeks, the oxygen brushed an icy exhale over the hot acidic liquid that flowed easily like tears, too thin to be blood as it dripped easily onto the off-white table below.

Crimson eyes flicked everywhere in a split second, hardly brushing over the same surface twice. I was in a room, a metal and plastic box. The celling was covered with twisting vents, ridges easily mended into the tannish ceiling. Floors were simple square tiles, the familiar white with slate grey speckles resting in my eyes like stones tossed effortlessly into fresh snow. Cameras hung shamelessly from the ceilings, red lights blinking like stars into my eyes, a shiver running up my skin at the feeling of being watched. 

Instinctively, my slender fingers went to brush the tears from my cheeks, to get rid of any evidence of my suffering. But my hands didn't move. A snarl erupted like a thunder clap as I noticed the heavy, two-inch thick metal shackles around each of my wrists, a bar equally as sturdy connecting them together and mending them to the table beneath. They were extremely heavy, heavier than anything I'd ever witnessed. I felt the electricity pulse within them, raging as if it had a heartbeat when I realized with a huff that they were stuck together by electrified magnets.