Big man in big bear what will he do

They had gotten to Big Bear near 8 at night. Techno had gotten a hotel room and they had quickly gotten ready to sleep.

Wilbur and Tommy had fallen asleep quickly; jet-lag's a bitch. Phil and Techno, however, had so little of a sleep schedule to start with that rest was far off.

That brings us to now, with Philza talking to Kristin on the phone in the car and Techno staring at a wall.

Techno had been peacefully scrolling Reddit when his phone rudely ceased entertaining him. He spent a few grumpy minutes looking for the mean electronic's life support before remembering that he forgot it in the car.

So here he was, staring at a wall.

It's entertaining enough. There are holes and stains to guess at. How come that's blue right there? Allow me to spend time explaining this to myself as a form of ancient anti-boredom.

Techno half laughed. Anti-boredom? This was a symptom of boredom. He was definitely bored.

He got up and put on his shoes. It was May, so it was chilly at night in the mountains. He grabbed a sweater to combat the freezing 60 degrees.

It's cold for Southern California, ok?

He quietly left the hotel room and surveyed the surroundings. The room was on the first floor and they had parked right outside of it. There was a Vons across the street and further down the street the lights of the village created a warm glow.

He heard the car door close. It caught him off guard and he jumped a bit before turning to the car.

Phil walked up with an easy smile and followed where techno had been looking.

"What are those lights? And what are you doing outside?"
"It's the Village, a thing here. I can't sleep and my phone died so I was gonna walk around."
"Oh ok. I had just gotten off the phone with Kristin, and I'm not tired, so I'll come with."
"Ok. There's an ice cream shop somewhere there, I think."

They set off on a quest for frozen sweetness, because one can never have too much, but they searched in vain.

Neither was particularly great at directions and after the third circle through the log-cabin style row of shops they gave up. A bakery would do.

Like every other shop, the bakery had a welcoming mountain cabin aura, and aesthetic to match. There was a pleasant smell of pine mixing with fresh baked bread and the string lights over the street gave an almost holiday feel. Except for the lack of true cold.

Techno pushed the door open and a small chime announced their entrance. They were the only ones in the small bakery, unsurprisingly considering it was nearly 10 at night.

Techno and Phil surveyed a display case of cookies, cakes, and desserts they couldn't name. All looked amazing, but both knew immediately what they would get.

"I-is that, a cake pretzel?" Techno said, practically salivating at the sight.

Phil wasn't much better, barely containing awe as he responded with a quick, "uh-huh."

The pretzel was massive. 2 feet (like two thirds of meter I think) in diameter and complete covered in frosting, it should've been hard to call it anything but a cake. Yet, it was in the unmistakable pretzel shape and had enough definition for the men to tell it wasn't just a cutout.

"I want," Techno stated.
"We get?"
"Yes."

The two walked up to a young woman who was behind the register and failing to stifle laughter.