More trouble

"Why won't you tell me what happened to mom" I yelled

"Why didn't you answer your phone Layla for fucks sake" Lucas yelled back

"Okay both of you calm down everything's going to be fine, mom was in a car accident" Thiago said

My heart started pounding out my chest. My mom is the best women ever I can't lose her not right now not like this. This isn't right, she'll be okay right? There's no way She's leaving us all.

We arrived at the hospital and waited for a doctor to come and talk to us. Jade came by and stayed. As another couple of minutes went by Lucas got very impatient and went to the desk lady again.

Finally a doctor came out and told us what was happening.

"Is she going to be okay" I asked with my eyes tearing up

"Yes she'll be fine after she wakes up" doc said

"Wakes up? What do you mean" Thiago questions

The doctor explained thats she's currently in a coma and will wake soon. Well hopefully. She ensured us that she'll be okay and they'll keep her here as long as needed. We can come and visit her  tomorrow for some medical reasons I don't know I kind of zoned out if am honest.

Jade:"well you guys can't stay here all
Night, plus you have school tomorrow"

Lucas:"she's right let's get going"

———
The next morning

Jade slept over at mine but I barely got any sleep, I'm so worried. I finally gathered some strength and got up.

Jade:"noo please can we just skip school"

"you know we cant" i chuckled and threw the covers off her.

We drove to school and began the day. I couldn't focus in any class. Lunch came around fast though. I sat with jade and bit on an apple.
Alejandro appeared from nowhere and sat besides me.

Ale:"hey"

Jade:"what do you want ale"

Ale:"can a guy be friendly without wanting something jadey boo"

Jade"yh okay I'm not doing this, layla I'll see you after school okay"

She kissed my cheek and left and now it was just me and alejandro.

Ale:"you okay"

Me:"what me? Yeah I'm fine"

Ale:"is it Mattia again"

Me:" No We're cool now"

Ale:"so what's up"

Me:"my moms had an accident and she's in a coma and I'm just worried"

Ale:"omg I'm sorry, she'll be okay you know she will"

I nodded and gave a small smile, he distracted me with his words talking about something but I just couldn't stop thinking about my mom.

———-

The last bell rang and school was finally over. I walked towards my car and saw a tall man standing beside it. I instantly grabbed my keys and put them between my fingers for protection, but then again why would someone attack me during school?

I walked over slowly, the man was turned but he looked familiar. He was right in front of  my passenger side so I stood next to the boot and just stared at him for a while trying to figure out who the hell this  is.

"Can I help you with something?" I questioned

He turned around and my heart dropped.
My brain instantly recognised his face.

"Dad?"