Prologue

Hey guys, Welcome to my story, The Force of Gravity. I hope you enjoy it. Warning: there may be some dark themes throughout xoxo

"If your world falls apart
I'd start a riot."
- Start a riot by Banners

Stars were one of Rose Duchanne's favourite things. Every time something frustrated her or made her sad she always found comfort in the stars. At first, she liked them because of the way they twinkled and made the darkness feel less...dark. Then when she grew older,  her father bought her a book about stars and she finally discovered what they actually were.

Little Rose was shocked to discover that stars weren't little fairies as her mother told her but a luminous ball of gas. What Rose found most interesting about stars is that the brightest and hottest stars were the ones to explode and destroy everything around them quicker than the other stars. That was what he was to her. A star so bright that he although may have outshone the other stars, he also destroyed her with his own destruction.

Although Rose may act like it, she doesn't know everything about this small planet. Some things are simply beyond her comprehension. Some things like William Cole. The first night Rose Duchanne and William Cole met wasn't a particularly special one. The air wasn't abnormally humid and the stars weren't strangely bright. Yet she felt with every burning inch of her body that that night was somewhat special.

Her father had forced her to dress up in an uncomfortable red dress that itched like crazy and a big black bow was tied into her hair. "It looks pretty." He told her as they knocked on the door but she could never tell if he was being genuine or not because a scowl is always a permanent expression on her father's face.

Her mother stood beside her in a stunning green dress which made her look even more beautiful than usual. She was looking up at the moon with her usual sad expression. Her father didn't notice. He never did.

"Come in." Shouted a sweet voice and the door swings open, showing a young couple. The women talks to Rose's mother and Rose is oblivious to the look of judgement being sent her way. Instead, she looks behind the scary looking man and fake looking women to a young boy at the bottom of the stairs.

As soon as she looked at his dark hair and great blue eyes, she knew he was going to be the death of her. She impulsively walked towards him, ignoring her father's protests and walked up to the boy with a small smile. He blinks, and then blinks again, clearly dumbfounded.

Rose didn't know that William Cole was sat on the bottom of the stairs because his father had screamed at him an hour earlier. He didn't want to move from where he had originally lived and he didn't want to meet anyone else. But when Will saw the girl at his doorstep, he was utterly mesmerised.

She silently held out her hand to him politely as her father told her to do and yet Will simply looked at her blankly. All she wanted to know was what was running through that tiny mind of his. Of course, she had no idea that he was admiring her. But before she could ask, he ran away from her and has never stopped running away.

Will had an entirely different reaction to when he first met Rose. When Will saw Rose he didn't know how to react because he had never seen anything so beautiful. Even from a young age with her blond hair and perfect blue eyes. But he hated her because he confused him. He hated feeling the tightness in his chest as he saw her and the way he felt every day since.

It is clear that it wasn't only love that sparked that day. It was also hatred. Cold, bitter, lonely, hatred.