Chapter Thirty

Jordan's POV

Can you ever understand women? One moment they want this and the other moment they want something else.

I felt like she was the girl Justin Bieber was referring to in "What do you mean".  She's so indecisive!

She's hurt, I know. It's because of me, fact established. I tried explaining, apologizing but she refused. What, am I supposed to keep doing that the rest of my life? Loving her doesn't make me brainless.

Six good years of my life I spent trying to reach her and now it all feels wasted. I got dressed for today's work, thankfully, it's just tomorrow left to work, the rest was meant for relaxation.

She was at my door about to knock when I opened, she quickly dropped her hand and swallowed hard.

"What?" I asked uninterested.

"Just wanted to tell you that we were running late" she said in reply, I nodded, locked my door and headed out, not even looking back to check if she was coming behind but she was.

She got into the car after me and I drove off. She kept staring at me like she had something to say but I pretended like I saw nothing.

It's her time to understand what I went through.

It was a silent drive, I got off immediately not bothering about her or should I say, pretending I didn't care.

"Miss. Lawson, the pictures you sent me last night were great, I couldn't stop staring" I commended her, she blushed.

"I'm glad you liked them" I nodded and passed her by, there was no time to waste, all stylists were working on me while other things were being set.

Nova was all over making sure everything was good, so she knew she was meant to be doing this but totally stayed out yesterday.

The whole shoot was done, after two breaks and several clothes change, hair styling and all. I can't believe I've been doing this since early morning and now it 5pm.

"Oh, Miss. Lawson, don't forget today's pictures and I would appreciate some videos" I told Miss. Lawson.

"Sure, expect them" she replied and we left.

Nova would not stop staring at me as we walked towards the car, and even when we got in.

"Jordan I'm sorry, I acted stupidly" I ignored her and focused more on the road, I don't want to get us killed.

"Jordan! Jordan!! Myers!" I sighed, she wouldn't let me breathe now, would she?

I roughly turned off the road and parked the car, so we can talk.

"What do you want Nova?" I asked her because I don't even think I know what she wants.

"An explanation, why you cheated on me, last night was a proof that I can't bear you with someone else. So explain first why you cheated".

She still believes I actually cheated on her? Like, that hurts.

*****

Nova's POV

I couldn't exactly read his expression, seemed like a mixture but after last night, I knew I had to work this out. If his explanation doesn't suit me, I'd stay completely out of his life and move on.

"Catty was dealing with heartbreak, her boyfriend constantly cheated on her, I met her at a club and we became friends, that day, at the club, we were just talking and laughing when she kissed me. I was seconds away from pushing her off when you sighted us" he explained, but that doesn't cut it. It is way more than that, way beyond that night.