Chapter Thirteen - Back on Track

When I woke up that next morning, I'd thankfully stopped crying. I told myself to get things together, because I was going filming.

I was bringing Adam.

And with that, my chest felt a little lighter.

Which in turn made it feel heavier.

Spending time with the twins was fun, and bringing Adam was also fun, but they were both very actual experiences.

If I'd had an imaginary brother, I wouldn't have been able to introduce him to anyone.

I shook all negative thoughts away and mentally blocked them from my mind. Maybe the'd stay away from Sally as well.

Today was going to be a good day, was my mantra as I walked downstairs.

I must have been the one to wake up first, which wasn't normal, but of course, there was o school or work.

I ate breakfast while distracting myself with stupid phone games.

After a while, Adam came into the kitchen, yawning in away that would put Toyota to shame.

I grinned at him.

"Well, good morning to you."

Adam stared blankly into the air.

"Adam, good morning," I repeated.

"Huh?" His head snapped to look at me.

"No, no, very bad morning, actually."

I rolled my eyes, because twelve years of living in the same house has this pig had thought me that mornings weren't his thing, and that every morning was, in fact, a 'very bad one.'

"You know, I'm fascinated that you don't get all grumpy if you hate mornings so much."

He strode over to the fridge, feet dragging across the floor.

With his head inside the fridge, he said, "No energy to be grumpy," and then he yawned amongst the yoghurt, cheese and left overs.

"You're a mess," I said.

He closed the fridge without taking anything out of it.

I mumbled something he didn't notice, and that I really didn't care about. Not really. I mumbled something about thinking about saving power.

"No shit," he said to my statement about him, being a mess.

He opened the fridge again, that'd started to refill the cold air, only to get interrupted by Fridgezilla, destroying its population.

Okay, so maybe I was overreacting.

He finally picked something to eat and strode over to me.

"So, you're ready to go film in an hour?"

Adam groaned and nearly crashed the plate he was holding onto the table.

"We have vacation, Emma, are you really dragging me out of the house before noon?"

"Yup," I said, my gaze returning from Adam's

"Ugh... fine."

"Good," I said, consuming my food.

"So where exactly are we going?" Adam asked when we headed into the woods.

"You'll see," I said. I hadn't told him about the cabin yet. I wanted him to experience it himself, or, maybe I just wanted to see his face when he saw the awesomeness that was our cabin.