Chapter Thirty-Five - Why You Should Never Cheat in the Games

The room had gone silent. I looked at Tim.

"What is going on?"

"I don't know... but I'm sure they'll fix it?"

In the front, many people were correcting cables and checking things, however, it didn't look like they really changed anything.

After a few minutes, one of the men walked up to the speaker and said something in a low voice.

The speaker's face scrunched up as he said, "We are sorry, but it looks like we aren't able to play this movie. On every information board, we specifically stated the formatting and type we needed the movie to be in. This, however does not seem to fit that criteria."

I was speechless. Looking to my left I saw Katja, who looked like she'd seen a ghost. Adam didn't look happy either as he mumbled under his breath.

"The next movie is by Cill--Cilli..." the speaker squinted at the paper. "Cillia-n? Brot-Brotherick and his 'band of awesome.'"

I would've cringed, but the situation didn't suit it.

"Should we say something?" Tim said, "since I checked multiple times that the movie fit all the criteria..."

I acted like I hadn't heard him, mostly because I didn't know what to say.

I turned around to see the seventeen year olds, smiling at each other. It was then that I recognised the name. This was their movie.

It started to play. I didn't feel like looking at the screen.

'I don't know who I am...

I have no idea who did this to me...'

Okay, that made me look up.

It was my voice speaking, and there I was... at the screen.

Katja elbowed me. "This is our movie," she said.

And it didn't take a lot of time before the judges and staff members seemed to realise the same thing: The people on screen didn't match the people who were supposed to have the movie.

They paused it and the speaker ran up on stage. He wore a bemused, slightly panicked expression.

However, people's attention weren't on him, instead, they looked from us to the group of seventeen year olds.

I turned as well, just to see the seventeen year olds all staring at one guy, mumbling something.

"Um, I have checked, and this is the movie that the group 'band of awesome' gave us.

At the stage, one of the staff members had taken the microphone and was speaking. "Can you explain why you had the movie belonging to Tim, Emma and Katja, and why the disk they delivered is empty?"

Looking back, the group would have been able to cook up some lie as to not make them accountable, but they hesitated for too long - mumbled inaudibly too long.

"Can you explain?" the guy repeated.

When they didn't answer and kept mumbling, he started walking up towards them until he reached where they sat.

"Do you mind if you empty your pockets?"

The group looked at each other. "I... I don't see why that would be necessary," the guy with the ultra-complicated name said.

"I do, could you be cooperative? We have a tight schedule."

The group kept looking at each other and started to take things out of their pockets.