Chapter Twenty-Three - Why You Should Never Drink Water While Laughing

(LANGUAGE WARNING: PROFANTIES GALORE AHEAD)

I spent the following weeks every second in my tent since we'd gotten back from the miserable trip.

When we'd come back, darkness had fallen, and we used the flashlight in the girls phone to guide us.

"It's you guys's fault my phone battery will go flat before I had anticipated," she moped.

"As long as it isn't on this trip," I mumbled, which caused Tle to crack up into hysterics.

And even though I didn't really know the guy, I was thankful for the comic relief I git from him. My joke wasn't even that tired, but it turned out that Tle was one of those people who didn't get tired in the evening, rather the opposite, and while I was the absolute opposite of that again, making me the former, I didn't really like this hyperactive, jumping prick who kept annoying me, poking me with a twig. 

Finally, we'd heard someone calling out our names, and I found out that the girl's m'name was Katherine, and Tle's name was Felix.

It was all really weird, and I'd adopted their nicknames.

The week had passed slowly, with every second of it, a me, wishing that it would be over soon so U wouldn't have to cope with things I didn't want to cope with anymore.

I thought that I'd make it out of there, unaffected by the last day.

It turned out you should never just assume things in that way.

So I'll talk a little about why you should never drink water while laughing.

And you might cringe and say that there are many frightening theories to that, and all of whom were remotely true, but I think that when we hear stories... they're just that: Stories.

I will need to tell you in detail, describing the while, horrible experience that I recalled from that disaster.

It was Thursday; the day before we drove home from this hell, and I woke up feeling happier than usual.

Emily whom I was supposed to share the tent with had snuck into her friend's tent every evening and basically the whole day, and if I were to be honest, I really liked having the tent to myself.

It was on this glorious Thursday morning that I had been surprised by a guest in my tent.

Or, not really a guest, and well... she wasn't really inside my tent either.

Or maybe she was, because she was in my mind, and my mind was in me, and I was in the tent and thus...

I really didn't know.

But the good thing was that Sally was back and running again, almost like old days, bu I didn't dare to think that thought any further, in fear of disappointment.

Which was a devilish sort of thing.

"Sally?" I'd exclaimed in disbelief as she'd appeared, popping up, gray sweater and pink hair and very familiar. A certain kind of familiarity floating of her.

"Hi, Emma," she said.

"You've... materialised!"

"Nah, I wouldn't go that far, you sill cannot tough me."

"Shut up... you're here, but how?

"I guess... You can think of me now that you aren't spending all your time with your friends."

The silence that followed was awkward. Funny how a silence between you and your mind could be awkward.

"But do not feel guilty!" Sally yelled at me, "I am really happy that you're having real friends now."