21st June, 2011: IMPRESSION

The next day, I happened to sit right behind the 7th grade girl in the bus. Sanika entered and sat with her. She didn't notice me, while I was mentally preparing myself to say 'hi' in case our eyes met.

On the other hand, she was continuously chatting with that 7th grader. At a glance, even she looked like a 12-year-old. She seemed quite the talkative type. I noticed how her skin was really clear and smooth now, and was wondering how she got rid of those pimples.

That's when she glanced back, and our eyes met.

"Hey! Jacob! It's only this year I came to know that you were here too! Are there other students from Joseph's?"

I was startled for a moment.

"No, I am the only one from my batch." I replied while trying to sound as calm as possible.

"Oh, so how is this school compared to our previous one?" She asked.

"This is academically better, plus the teachers are a bit strict." My heart raced really fast, probably because this was the longest I had conversed with a girl- other than Ashutosh's girlfriend.

"What group did you choose?"

"PCMB"

"Oh! Me too." She said excitedly.

Just like I had predicted. By now our talk sounded more like an interrogation. I was oddly cautious of her.

Then she lowered her tone and asked, "By the way, that lady sitting on the front seat... She's our English lecturer, right?"

"Who? MoJo?"

"Who's Mojo?"

"It stands for Molly John, A nickname given by us, she is one peculiar woman" I replied.

"Haha! That's a cool name, Mojo!"

I began to calm down. Sanika seemed like an easy-going girl, she smiled a lot while talking to me... It felt nice...

"So, how's your 12th going on?"

"Well, we are always busy." I added, "We need to concentrate on completing a project in physics and chemistry, and also need to work on case history for biology project. But we start working on the bio one from 11th itself."

"Case history? What case did you take up?"

"I took up a case on hernia since my granddad had hernia."

"Oh... I wonder what I should be taking up." She looked in deep thought for a second and then resumed our conversation. She asked me about each and every subject teacher, about which coaching classes I had joined, where were my classmates from the previous school, and even told me who among my classmates were dating her batchmates. I didn't even realize that we almost reached school.

"Anyways, if I need any help I'll be asking you. So you'll be getting a lot of questions from me." She said while smiling at me.

"Yeah, no problem."

I wondered if I acted normally.

If I were to describe Sanika in one word, I would say that she was quite 'refreshing'. She didn't seem like what I had previously thought of her. Well, it was too quick to judge... but I thought, maybe we would get along fine.