Chapter 3-New Job

The next morning I woke up and Anakin was gone. He left a note tho.

"My love,

I took your advice and went to talk to Yoda. He is wise beyond his years. I hope he can resolve some fears. Maybe he can even help me find a way to safe you.

Love,

Anakin."

I smiled at the fact that he took my advice. I hope Yoda would help me work through the problems.

"Good morning, Mrs.Padme. Would you like something to eat?" He asked.

"No thank you 3PO I don't feel very good." I said.

"Would you want me to make an appointment with the doctor?" He asked. Maybe that would be good. What if something was wrong with the baby that would affect me?

"Yes, 3PO that would be very nice." I said smiling and watching coruscant spring to life.

3PO walked out of the room to return minutes later.

"You have an appointment set up for 9 am." He said.

"3PO!" I yelled.

"What??" He asked, sounding surprised.

"That is in 30 minutes I can't get dressed and all the way across coruscant!" I said getting out of bed to get dressed.

"Sorry, Ma'am. Should I alert master Ani of your leaving?" He asked as I changed in the closet.

"No, Don't tell him. I will tell him if it is spurious but I don't think it is." I said pulling on a purple violet dress..

I walked out of the closet.

"Call me a space ship please." I asked.

"I already have one." He said.

"Thank you will you come with me?" I asked as I walked out.

"I would be delighted to!" He said following me.

I walked to the launch pad attached to my apartment. My golden ship was sitting there, Perfect I thought I got in and 3PO followed.

We sped across Coruscant to arrive at the doctor's on time. I walked in and checked in the was ushered to a private room.

"Hello! Senator." The doctor asked.

"Hello, Doctor." I said sitting on the bed.

"What are you here for?" She asked.

"I just wanted to make sure that the baby was ok. I have been feeling a little off." I said.

"Its ok I would be more than happy to check you out." She said.

She took me for a scan to make sure that nothing was wrong. After the scan, I went back to the room to find C-3PO sitting there.

"Hello there." He said.

"Hello, thanks for going." I said.

"No problem ma'am, Master Ani has contacted me that he has news that he wishes to share with you when he gets home." He said as if he was reading something.

"Ok." I said sitting back down on the bed.

The doctor came in.

"Mrs. Amidala we found nothing wrong with you or you baby. But.." She said. I let out a sigh. I don't know if it was a sigh of relief or a sad sigh because if something was wrong we could have solved it.

"But?" I asked just hearing it.

"You are having twins." the doctor said.

"Twins? Are you sure?" I asked.

"Yes." Said the doctor.

"Thank you for checking me out." I said as 3PO and I walked off.

"No problem." The doctor said.

I got back on the ship and flew home.

"Don't tell Anakin ok?" I told 3PO.

"Ok I won't" He said.

I got home before Ani. I went and sat down on the couch just as Ani walked in.

"What was the news?" I asked standing up and giving him a hug.

"I am on the Jedi council now.: He said, sounding sad.

"Ani what is wrong?" I asked.

"The Chancellor wanted me to be on the council, so I went and they said I could sit on the council but they won't grant me the rank of master!" He yelled, throwing his hands up.

"Ani, I know that sucks but-" I said but was cut off.

"Padme, it is insulting! Be on the council but not get the rank of master!" He yelled.

"Anakin come sit." I said showing him to the couch. He followed and sat. I took his hand and put it on my stomach and I saw his face instantly calm. I knew this would work.

After a few minutes, he finally talked.

"Sometimes I wonder what's happening to the Jedi order. I think this war is destroying the principles of the Republic." He said sighing.

"Have you ever considered that we may be on the wrong side?" I asked.

"What do you mean?" He asked very confusedly.

"What if the democracy we thought we were serving no longer exists, And the Republic has become the very evil we've been fighting to destroy?" I asked. I could see the anger coming back to his face.

"I don;t believe that, and you're sounding like a separatist." He said. I was taken aback by that but had to keep going.

"This war represents a failure to listen. Now you're closer to the chancellor than anyone. Please, ask him to stop the fighting and let diplomacy resume." I asked.

I saw his face drop, "Don't ask me to do that.'' He said putting a finger up and standing up.  "Male a motion in the senate where that kind of a request belongs." He said walking to the opining and looking out.

"Don't do this. Don't shut me out. Let me help you. Let's leave this all behind and go to Naboo right now! We don't need this life!" I said going to walk up to him.

"Padme I wish nothing more than that but that's not possible right now." He said.

"Hold me, like you did by the lake on Naboo. So long ago, when there was nothing but our love. No politics, No plotting, No war.'' I said he smiled and hugged me close.

"Padme I hate to do this but the chancellor asked me to go see him at a show." He said.

"No Anakin, Don't go stay here with me." I said.

"Padme I am sorry." He said letting go of me and leaving.

"Anakin..." I said as he left.