Chapter 14-First Force

When we got back home I put Luke and Leia down in their cribs for a nap. I walked into the living room to see Anakin making popcorn.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

He spun around from the popcorn maker.

"I am making popcorn for us." He said laughing.

"Oh?" I said walking closer.

"Yes, Very buttery thought we could watch something." He said.

"Is that so?" I asked grabbing two bowels.

"I am assuming so since you are grabbing bowels." He said.

"True." I said putting them down next to him.

"Go sit. I can finish this." He said.

"If you insist." I said walking over and sitting down.

Moments later he walked over with popcorn.

"Ani?" I asked.

"Yes?" He reponed

"Since they walked when should they use the force for the first time." I asked.

"From what I learned from Obi-Wan when I was a padawan afew days after they start walking, the first signs of the force should start to show. Small things like lifting a light object. The goal is for me to train them. They can be like my secret padawans." He said laughing.

"You had a real padawan remember?" I said looking at him.

"Snipps."  He said looking sad and his voice trailed off.

"You know maybe you could find her." I said.

"Even if I could she would hate me for what I did, Everyone hates me." He said looking down.

"Hey I don't hate you. Those little babies in there don't hate you." I said.

"What will I tell them? That there father killed almost all of the jedi population? That I kil... " He started to say.

"Ani don't" I said.

"That I killed some of my best friends because a sith lord got in my head?" He said.

"Ani we will figure that out when we have to. Right now all we need is your love." I said smiling.

I laid my head on his chest and fell asleep.

"Padme wake up." He said shaking me awake.

"What is it?" I said.

"Just look." He said.

I sat up and rubbed my eyes. I turned my head to the side to see a toy truck floating in the air.

"Are you doing that?" I asked.

"Nope. You?" He said.

I laughed "You know I can't use the force."

"Well, there was that one time during your pregnancy that you lifed something." He said.

"Only because of them." I said looking around the table to see Luke sitting there focused and Leia laughing beside him.

"I thought you said a few days after the first walk." I said.

"Maybe it is because the force is stronger in them because of me?" He said,

"Wow, real modist." I said.

"It's true I am the chosen one after all." He said I rolled my eyes at that.

Suddenly the toy dropped onto a glass vase shattering it.

"So how soon until you can train them?" I asked looking at the broken glass.

"A few years." He said.

"Years? I don't want any more things getting broken." I said.

"Well, I have to wait until they can talk so they understand." He said.

"Well guess I am getting rid of everything glass." I said signing.

"I am going to assume that I am to clean that up?" He asked, gesturing to the glass.

I gave no answer.

"I am going to take that yes then!" He said standing up.