Chapter 15-Think Back

After a long night of putting away everything glass, I finally sat down for a break.  Luke and Leia were playing in their pin. Luke had lifted a few things. Leia had not.

"Do you think Leia can use the force?" I asked.

"I don't know." He said.

"Maybe she just will not have as much as him." I said.

"If she has any at all." He said.

"True." I said.

"Well, we should put them to bed." I said yawning.

"You go lay down I will put them to bed then be there in a few minutes." He said.

"Ok got it." I said giving him a kiss and Luke and Leia a kiss on the head.

I got ready for bed and into my purple nightgown with pearl arms. I thought back to when I had worn this on the balcony talking about having the babies back home. It seemed like that was forever ago.

"There down." Anakin said walking in.

"Thank you." I said, laying down.

"Anytime." He said.

"Anakin?" I asked.

"Yes?" He relied.

"Do you miss it?" I asked.

"Do I miss what?" He asked.

"Everything. The apartment 3-PO and R2-D2, Obi-Wan, Ashoka." I said.

"Everyday." He said looking down.

"I miss Obi-Wan." I said.

"I do too." He said. "I miss him so much."

I fell asleep to think back to what our life used to be. I had to come to the realization that, it was our old life. This was our new life. It was just a lot harder to think about than I wanted it to be.

Time flew by. I tried not to focus on the past because that only hurt instead I chose to think about what we had now. A few months passed then the twins were 1 and they said their first words "Mama." It made my heart so happy. Then before I knew it it was their birthday again and they were 2. It was at this time that Anakin started training them in the force. I was glad because so many vases had gotten broken Leia had shown a few signs but not as much as Luke. I think one day Luke might even rivel Anakin. A few months later and they were 3 years old! I never thought about my old life anymore because that was just not important.

I was cooking bacon in the kitchen when I heard a yelp. I ran outside to see what happened. Leia was on the ground crying with Anakin beside her and Luke was standing across from her looking scared.

"What happened?" I said bending down beside Luke.

"Dad was teaching me in the force I was lifting a stick then I lost control and it flew and hit Leia in the knee." He said. I took a second to process what he said.

"Anakin?" I asked.

"Yes." he said looking up.

"You told me they would not get hurt doing this." I said.

"I just need more time for him to control it." He said.

"Train him." I said walking over and scooping up Leia and carrying her inside.

"Got it." He said.

I sat her on the counter and got a bandage for her knee.

"Momma?" She asked as I was applying it.

"Why is Luke so much stronger in the force than me?" She asked.

"I don't know baby." I said giving it a kiss.

"Momma, can I tell you something?" She asked.

"Anything." I said.

"It does not hurt that bad. I just wanted to get out of training. I hate seeing Luke do so well and I can't.." She said.

"Its ok. I mean he hit you with a stick so he is not that good." I said. She laughed.

"But Leia it is important that you learn this stuff. One day you might need it." I said.

"But why would I need it?" She asked.

"I- You just might. You can have today but you need to get back to it tomorrow." I said.

"Ok." She said. I picked her up and we went to go sit on the couch. She fell asleep on my lap just as Anakin came in with Luke right behind him looking tired.

"How did it go?" I asked.

"Good." Anakin said looking through some hologram messages we had gotten.

"Padme, Anakin." I heard a voice say. It took me a second to realize who it was. I looked back at Anakin who looked at me.

"Luke it is time for a nap." I said picking him and Leia up. I took them to their room and got them tucked in.

I walked back out to see Anakin standing there.

"Play it." I said.