Chapter 6-Congress

"Mrs. Padme the chancellor is requesting your presents in a special session of congress. You must go now." He said.

"Ok, I will get ready. Pack the rest of my dresses will you?" I asked grabbing a purple velvet dress.

Within minutes I was in the circular disk that everyone had to sit in.

Senator Organa walked in and asked what he has missed.

"The chancellor's been elaborating on a plot by the Jedi to overthrow the Senate." I said as Organa's face dropped.

"The remaining Jedi will be hunted down and defeated." Palpatine yelled from the center of the room.

Something felt off about what he was saying. But Anakin backed it up and I trust Anakin.

"The attempt on my life has left me scarred. And deformed, but i assure you my resolve has never been stronger!" He yelled. Everyone clapped.

"In order to ensure the security and continuing  stability of the Republic will be reorganized into the first Galactic Empire! For a safe and secure society." He yelled raising his hands. Everyone was loving this idea.

"So this is how liberty dies. With thunderous applause." I said. I was disappointed by what the Republic was becoming.

I went home to my apartment and sat down and let out a sigh.

"Oh! Welcome home! How did it go Mrs.Padme?" C-3PO asked.

"Horrible the Republic is going to become the Galactic Empire. Did you pack my bags?"I said getting up.

"Yes, I did. I packed everything in your room. I packed Master Anakin's things too." He said.

"Thank you 3PO." I said walking into the empty bedroom.

"Padme are you here?" A voice called.

"Yes, be out in a second." I said.

I walked out to see Obi-Wan standing there.

"Oh! Hello Obi-Wan. How did your mission go?" I asked.

"Very well, But Padme that is not what I am here to talk about." He said.

"Then what is this about?" I asked.

"Anakin." He said. I breathed tight air.

"When was the last time you saw him?" Obi-Wan asked.

"Yesterday." I said walking around him.

"And do you know where he is now?" Obi-Wan asked.

"No." I lied. I lied threw my teeth.

"Padme, I need your help, He is in grave danger." He said following me.

"From the sith?" I asked.

"From himself. Padme...Anakin has turned to the darkside." He said.

"You're wrong. How could you even say that?" I said disgustedly. Obi-Wan walked past me.

"I have seen a- a security hologram...of him killing Jedi, and swear his allegiance to Palpatine ." He said gripping his mouth.

"Not Anakin. He couldn't" I said not believing it.

"He was deceived by a lie. We all were. Obi-Wan said moving farther away.

"Ir appears that the chancellor is behind everything, including the war. Palpatine is the Sith Lord we've been looking for. After the death of Count Dooku, Anakin became his new apprentice." Obi-wan said.

I was horrified by the news. I turned away. "I don't believe you. I can't" I said sitting down. Obi-Wan joined me shortly.

"Padme. I must find him." He said.

"You're going to kill him, aren't you?" I asked. I could not tell him where he was. I had to protect him.

Obi-Wan did not respond only look away. "He has become a very great threat."

"I can't." I said looking away. Obi-Wan got up and walked away.

"Anakin is the father isn't he?" Obi-Wan turned around to ask. I looked away. "I'm so sorry." He said as he left. I waited for his ship to leave then I ran to C-3PO.

"3PO get my ship ready. We are going to see Anakin." I said.