Part 3: day one

'Lexa hurry up!' Lincoln yelled. 'Shut up! I'm coming.' Lexa yelled back. 'If you're not here in five minutes I'll call you Lexie in front of your whole class.' 'You won't.' Lexa said, rolling her eyes as she did. 'Try me bitch.' 'Lincoln don't call your sister bitch we've talked about this.' Their mother said. 'Mom it's okay.' Lexa said. 'Bye mom.' She added. She gave her mom a quick kiss on her cheek and then left with Lincoln. Murphy and Emori promised to meet her five minutes before their introduction day in front of the school so Lexa didn't have to go in alone. This took away a little of Lexa's stress. 'Lexa!' The black haired girl screamed. She hugged the brunette tightly. 'Aww Em is getting all soft for her new bestie.' Murphy teased. 'Hey I'm not the one who talked about her until 6 in the morning.' Emori shot back. Murphy now got a little embarrassed. 'Aww it's okay Murphy I know I'm just amazing.' Lexa said with the most innocent voice ever. The three of them laughed and went inside. On the introduction day Lexa, Emori and Murphy found out they shared most of their classes, but not only with each other also with Clarke, Octavia, Raven and worst of all Bellamy. 'Lexa Woods step forward please?' The old lady who apparently was their tutor said. 'Tell us three facts about yourself.' The lady said. 'Well uhm. Like what?' The lady didn't seem to have a lot of patience. 'Bellamy Blake step forward please. Tell us three facts about yourself.' The others had done this every year and knew what to say. Lexa obviously hadn't. 'I failed my second year, Octavia is my younger sister, I love football.' He quickly said. 'The one you play with your hands or the one you play with your feet.' Murphy said, teasing Bellamy. 'The one with your feet.' He said and quickly sat down again. 'Octavia Blake-' The woman couldn't finish her sentence. 'Yeah yeah three facts we get it. Well I love music, Bellamy is my brother and I did it with the new girl's brother.' The whole class started laughing as Octavia said this. The tutor clearly didn't like this. 'Miss Blake please.' 'Sorry stiff.' Octavia said and pouted. The look on her face was innocent and cute, but when she turned back to her friends she had a nasty smile on her face. She glared at Lexa. Like this was a payback for what Lexa did with Clarke. 'Clarke Griffin.' As those words fell the blonde felt internal panic. She could keep her fake mean identity up when she didn't have to say it out loud, but now when she had to say it out loud. In front of Lexa no. What, why was she thinking this. Why would she want Lexa to know the real her and not the fake identity she created to get everyone to shut up about her trauma. She wanted to cry right now. She stepped forward. Seeing the brunette look at her in the corner of her eye. She wanted to look back but she couldn't. Her identity would fall apart. New girls were not it. But it was so hard. She is beautiful. No more than that. How could she not look at the gorgeous brunette in front of her. She is too perfect. Why was she even feeling this. She was straight. She wrapped every boy in this town around her finger. Finn, Bellamy the one at the party. She could even steal boys from other girls. She was it. Everyone wanted to be with her. She had so many choices but the only thing she wanted was to grab Lexa's cheeks and kiss her so passionately that she would never ever want somebody else. Her feelings were so strong right now. What was happening. The blonde ran off and ran to the bathroom. What has she done, this would ruin her reputation. Going back now would make it worse. As the whole class was laughing Lexa got out of the classroom following Clarke to the toilets. She found Clarke sitting on the floor crying. Her hands were shaking and the tears kept coming. Lexa quickly made her way over to Clarke. She sat down next to her. Pulling the blonde into her side. Holding her and telling her it's okay. The blonde rested her head on the brunette's shoulder. 'It's gone.' Clarke managed to stutter out. 'What is?' Lexa asked softly. 'Everything.' 'That's not true you just freaked out a little.' Lexa tried. 'You don't understand!' Clarke now yelled. 'I don't I don't you're right Clarke. Why don't you tell me?' Lexa said. The blonde didn't know why but Lexa's words comforted her. I built up this shitty reputation for years and it's gone now.' She said. 'Why is it gone? Because you have feelings?' Lexa said. 'Yes Lexa!' Lexa's heart skipped a beat when she heard her name said like that. 'I build a reputation that I don't feel! Since my father's death-,' her voice cracked when she spoke. 'I-I was a mess, an emotional wreck. Nobody would leave me alone so I blocked it out. I blocked it all out. That's how I got popular, that's how I got here and that's all gone now. One sign of emotions and I get put back in therapy.' A tear had escaped the brunette's eyes as the blonde was speaking. 'Stop.' Clarke said. 'I don't need you to be sorry for me.' The blonde said. 'Who said I was.' Clarke started crying again. 'Hey hey don't worry it will be okay Clarke. I will be here for you.' Lexa pulled Clarke in tighter. She was not going to let her go. Lexa hated seeing the girl in this much pain. She thought Clarke was just some highschool bitch but she wasn't. She had a story. 'Can you tell me what just happened? In the classroom.' Lexa asked softly. Rubbing circles on Clarke's back her other hand on Clarke's. 'No.' 'Why not you can trust me.' Lexa said. 'But it's awkward.' Clarke said with a little laugh. 'I'm sitting here with you on a bathroom floor. I think we're past that.' Clarke laughs at Lexa's words. She was funny too god she is perfect. 'I think I like girls. I have strong feelings for this one girl.' Lexa couldn't deny these words gave her hope. That this beautiful blonde girl could be hers. 'Say something.' Clarke said. 'Right yeah. That's okay. I do too.' She said. 'But I like boys too!' She yelled in frustration. 'There's this thing called bisexual. It's when you like two genders or more. Look it takes a long time to figure this out. Or not, but I'll be right here when you do.' Lexa held Clarke tightly. Not wanting to let her go. After a while Clarke pulled back. Looking directly into Lexa's eyes. 'Lexa.' Her voice raspy from crying. 'Yes.' Lexa's voice soft and comforting. 'Will you be my friend?' She asked shyly. She looked away while saying that. Lexa put Clarke's chin up with her hand. 'Clarke Griffin of course I will be your friend.' Clarke smiled relieved she had a friend to count on now. Dealing with her friends (well friends) seemed a lot easier now.