Part 21: happiness

Lexa opened the door and saw her favorite person in the world. The blonde jumped in Lexa's arms. They held each other tightly. 'I missed you.' Lexa said. 'It's been only a day.' Clarke said. 'So? That's long.' Lexa said. Clarke chuckled. Lexa let go off Clarke. She grabbed her hand and dragged the girl inside. 'Why are you so happy?' Clarke asked. 'Because you are here.' Lexa said. She smiled widely. 'Hey Clarke.' Lincoln said. 'Hey.' Clarke replied. 'Octavia is nervous.' Clarke said. Lincoln chuckled. 'Why. We're just going to the movies.' Lincoln said. 'Yeah but you didn't tell her what movie.' Clarke said. 'Ahh.' Lincoln said. Then he left.

Clarke and Lexa were cuddling on the couch. They were talking and laughing. They really missed each other in the days they were apart. 'Never leave.' Lexa whispered. 'I won't.' Clarke whispered back. 'We'll go through everything together.' Clarke said. 'Okay.' Lexa said.

Clarke had decided to sleep at Lexa's tonight. Lincoln and Octavia were at Lexa and Lincoln's too. The four of them were playing board games until Lexa fell asleep on Clarke's lap. The three didn't even notice until it was Lexa's turn and Lexa didn't get up to play. 'She's so cute when she sleeps.' Clarke said. Clarke stroked Lexa's hair. She placed a kiss on her cheek. 'You guys are the cutest.' Octavia said. Clarke smiled. 

It's nine months later. Clarke and Lexa have been the happiest ever. Lexa sometimes had nightmares about Costia but Clarke is always there for her. When they're not at the same place (which rarely happens) Lexa always calls Clarke, and Clarke happily picks up to comfort her girlfriend. It's their last day of highschool. They don't have classes. It's just saying goodbye to each other and to the school.

'We graduated!' Octavia screamed. Everyone hugged each other and cheered. Tomorrow it's summer break and Murphy is taking Emori to England. Lexa and Clarke had decided to do a roadtrip. They're going to Paris in fall break. Clarke and Lexa are going to the same college next year. Octavia and Raven will be joining them too. Lincoln is going to a different college. Lexa encouraged Clarke to become the artist she wanted to be. Clarke's father had always supported her. She stopped drawing and painting when he died, but Lexa made her start again. Lexa works at a coffee shop downtown and Clarke works at a bookshop. Raven still works at the bakery and Octavia works at the supermarket. They've all turned eighteen now. 'Griffin you better come to my party tonight.' Octavia said. 'Yes Lexa is invited too.' She added. Lexa chuckled. Clarke didn't go to parties without the brunette. Lexa and Clarke had been really close lately and Raven bullied them for it. Of course it was playful and they all liked it. 'Can I invite Luna?' Raven asked. 'Sure, but I thought Raven didn't do relationships.' Octavia teased. 'She's really hot okay.' Raven said. Everyone laughed. 'Aww Rayray is in love.' Clarke said. Raven playfully hit Clarke's arm, but her cheeks were turning a deep shade of red. 'O what kind of party is it?' Clarke asked. 'Just casual.' Octavia said. 'Tomorrow is prom so I thought I wouldn't do a formal party.' Octavia added.

They all went home to change. Clarke calls Lexa. 'Hey how do I look?' Clarke asks. 'You look amazing as always.' Lexa says. 'No but for real. Do I look good?' Clarke asks. 'Yes baby you look good.' Lexa says. She chuckles. 'Can I pick you up already?' Lexa whines. 'You can but I'm not ready yet.' Clarke says. Clarke hears Lexa get up quickly and run to the door and then in her car. 'Wow.' Clarke says. Lexa giggles. 'Sorry, I love you.' Lexa says. Clarke chuckles. Lexa was her favorite person in the world and she wanted to see her right now.

Lexa sat on Clarke's bed and watched the blonde do her makeup. When Clarke finished Lexa got up. She wrapped her arms around the blonde's waist. Lexa kissed the blonde's cheek. 'Come on let's go we can't be too late.' Clarke says. She turns around in Lexa's arms. She wraps hers around Lexa's neck. She looked into those beautiful green eyes then her eyes dropped to Lexa's lips. Lexa noticed and leaned in for a kiss. Their lips meeting in the middle. The kiss was slow. After a few seconds Clarke pulled away. 'We have to go.' Clarke says. 'You were the one looking at my lips.' Lexa says. Clarke chuckles. She grabs her girlfriend's hand and drags her to the front door. 'Raven do you wanna come with us?' Lexa asks. 'No Luna is picking me up.' Raven says. Lexa raises her eyebrow. 'Oh shut up.' Raven says. Lexa shakes her head and then follows her girlfriend to her car.

'What's going on between Raven and Luna?' Lexa asks. 'Raven asked Luna out.' Clarke says. 'I think Raven is gonna ask Luna to be her girlfriend tonight.' Clarke says. 'Aww I'm proud of her.' Lexa says.

Clarke and Lexa arrived at Octavia's house. They hear the music and loads of drunk teens. Clarke chuckles. 'Typically an Octavia Blake party.' Clarke says. Lexa smiles. 'Come on it can't be that bad. We met at one of those parties.' Lexa said. 'True.' Clarke said. They go inside and see their friend. 'Clarke, Lexa!' Octavia screams. 'Are you sober?' Clarke asks. She raises an eyebrow. Octavia was most of the time already drunk when they arrived. 'Yes. I waited for you guys.' She said. 'It's really weird to be sober at a party. They're acting so weird. Do I do that?' Octavia rambled. 'Yes O you do that.' Clarke says. When they saw Luna and Raven enter (holding hands) the group cheered and clapped. 'Go Raven!' Octavia yelled. 'Guys please let's not scare Luna away at minute one.' Raven said. Everyone laughed. 'So Luna, who are you, tell something about yourself.' Octavia said. 'Well what do you wanna know?' Luna asked. 'I don't know.' Octavia said. 'We'll find out once you're drunk O.' Clarke said. Octavia had no filter when she was drunk. She says everything she thinks.

And she was right. A few drinks later and Octavia was asking Luna a bunch of questions. 'So you go to the college my boyfriend is going to.' Octavia slurred. 'Yes I am.' Luna said. 'I'm jealous.' Octavia said. Luna laughed. 'I bet you two will see each other a lot.' Luna said. 'Yeah yeah sure, but you get to look at him all the time.' Octavia slurred.

Lexa and Clarke were dancing. Just like they were on the night they met, but this time they were together. It wasn't just dancing. They would steal kisses from each other. It was late. Around 4 am. Lexa and Clarke were both pretty drunk but not as drunk as Octavia. They went to the kitchen to grab a drink when they saw Raven and Luna making out in a corner. As the night went on many people had left. Only the group of close friends were here.