Part 16: dinner

'Dinner at my place tonight.' Lexa said. 'My friend from Polis is coming too.' She added. 'Oo who is she?' Clarke asked. 'Anya.' Lexa replied. 'Is she the girl who called you a softie?' Clarke asked. 'Yeah.' Lexa's face turned red. 'Emori and Murphy will be there too.' Lexa added. Clarke and Lexa got in Lexa's car. Raven, Octavia and Lincoln went home in Lincoln's car. Lexa put on the playlist they made together. They started singing all the songs. 'Did you know I can play the guitar and piano?' Lexa asks. 'I did not!' Clarke shouted. 'That's so cool!' Clarke added. 'Come to my house and I'll play you something.' Lexa said. 'Sure.' Clarke said. 'Wait but dinner.' Clarke added. 'You can wear my clothes for dinner.' Lexa said. Clarke nodded. Clarke had some clothes from her at Lexa's place but not formal clothes. Lexa also had some clothes at Clarke's place. Lexa had many formal clothes because of her mother's job they had to dress fancy all the time. Lexa was playing on her guitar and Clarke rested her head on Lexa's shoulder. She loved seeing her girlfriend play the guitar. 'I'm not that good but I'm practicing.' Lexa said. 'No shut up you're really good.' Clarke said. She threw a pillow at Lexa before the brunette could fight her. Lexa put her guitar away and pulled Clarke in for a hug. 'Where's your mom?' Clarke asked. 'Business trip.' Lexa replied. Her mother and her had been fighting a lot lately. She never really got along with her mother, but it got worse. Lexa's mom accepted the fact that Lexa liked girls, but she didn't really like it. Even though Lexa had explained she was a lesbian her mom hoped she would end up with a man. 'I don't know if you wanna talk about it, but why is your mom so against me?' Clarke asked. Lexa broke the hug. Clarke was scared she did something wrong, but Lexa just needed space to explain. Lexa took a deep breath. This was a sensitive topic for her, but she was ready to tell Clarke. She took a deep breath. She put her hair behind her ears and took Clarke's hands. 'My ex girlfriend was pretty crazy.' Lexa started. Clarke didn't expect this. 'She robbed us multiple times, but I was too blind to see she was crazy. Then Lincoln caught her, she almost killed him. My mother and I just came home when we saw Costia holding a knife on Lincoln's throat.' Clarke pulled Lexa in for a hug. 'I'm so sorry Lexa.' The blonde whispered. 'She doesn't know where I live now. She can't contact me in any way.' Lexa said. Just in case Clarke was scared, but Clarke wasn't scared she just felt sorry for Lexa. 'Well I guess we both have weird exes.' Lexa chuckled. The support she got from the blonde made her feel so loved and that is all the brunette needs.

Clarke and Lexa got changed. Lexa was wearing a black jumpsuit with flowers on it. The jumpsuit had a low v-cut. Clarke was wearing a dark blue dress. The dress showed off her shoulders. The dress was knee length. 'Clarke you look beautiful.' Lexa said. Lexa pulled Clarke closer to her. The blonde smiled and then their lips met. It was perfect like always. Their lips were made for each other. 'I love you so much.' Clarke whispered. Lexa went downstairs. Clarke followed her. Clarke was making the salad while Lexa put the chicken in the oven. Lexa turned around and leaned against the kitchen counter. 'What?' Clarke asks. 'I love to see this.' Lexa said. 'What do you mean?' Clarke asked. 'I don't know just you cooking.' Clarke laughed at her girlfriend's dorkiness.

All their friends arrived and sat down at the table. 'Hi I'm Anya. Lexa's friend from Polis.' Anya said. Everyone introduced themselves to Anya. As the evening went on the group was laughing and talking. Anya and Raven seemed to get along very well. Anya was telling the group awkward childhood stories about Lexa. 'Alright that's enough.' Lexa said. Clarke moved closer to Lexa. 'Aww I wanna hear more about baby Lexa.' Clarke said. 'It was fun, but I have to go now.' Anya said. She stood up to grab her coat. Raven was the first one to hug Anya. Then Lexa hugged her friend. 'Bye Lexie I'll see you around.' Anya said. Lexa rolled her eyes. 'I love her, she's funny.' Raven said. 'You're only saying that because you guys are the same person, just different fonts.' Lexa said. 'Maybe.' Raven replied. Everyone except Raven and Clarke had left. Of course Octavia and Lincoln were still here. Octavia would move back home tomorrow. 'I'm going to pack, so I can be home before dinner tomorrow.' Octavia said. 'I'm going to miss you.' Lincoln said. 'As you should I'm amazing.' Octavia replied. Octavia kissed Lincoln on his cheek and then went to his room. Clarke got up and carried the plates to the kitchen. Lexa followed her with the rest of the things that were left on the table. Clarke started doing the dishes and Lexa cleaned the table. 'I just know they will end up together and have a little family.' Raven said. She smiled at her friends doing the dishes like an old couple. 'What do you think they'll have? A boy or a girl?' Lincoln asked. 'A girl.' Raven replied.

After an hour Raven and Clarke went home too. 'I'll return the dress tomorrow.' Clarke said. 'Keep it.' Lexa said. Clarke hugged Lexa. She kissed her on the cheek and then left with Raven.

Clarke and Raven were home. Clarke changed into something more comfortable. She sat on the couch in Lexa's sweater. She was watching tv. 'You two are soulmates.' Raven said. 'Huh?' Clarke asked. She didn't hear Raven. 'You two are soulmates!' Raven said dramatically loud. Clarke smiled at the thought of her and Lexa being soulmates. She did love Lexa. She loved her so much. She loved her curls being all over the place when she woke up. She loved her smile. She loved the way she dressed. She loved the way Lexa always knew what to say to comfort her. She did think Lexa was the one for her, but so did someone else.