Part 23: prom dress

The next day Clarke wakes up in Lexa's arms. Her favourite way of waking up. The blonde absolutely hated waking up but having Lexa's arms around her made it less horrible. She looked up and saw her girlfriend looking at her. She smiled. The brunette smiled back. This was definitely their favorite way of waking up. 'Good morning.' Lexa said. 'Good morning.' Clarke answered. 'You have to pick up your prom dress today.' Lexa said. 'Yeah, but I'd rather stay in bed with you than going.' Clarke said. Lexa chuckled. 'What if I come with you?' Lexa said. 'Yes!' Clarke said. Lexa smiled. Seeing her girlfriend happy was all she needed. 'Clarke?' 'Yeah.' 'Nothing.' 'Huh?' 'Sorry.' 'Okay.'

'Good morning.' Lincoln said. He walked in Octavia's room holding a plate with breakfast for her. Octavia went to bed pretty early but she still was tired as hell. She had nightmares all night. One where Bellamy got murdered in front of her face. One where Bellamy murdered her. One where Bellamy murdered her mom. She barely slept. Lincoln sat down next to Octavia. 'Nightmares?' Lincoln asked. 'Yeah.' She replied. Lincoln had slept at home last night, but he came to check on Octavia in the morning. Octavia was sleeping, but Lincoln knew where she hid the spare key. 

'Clarke!' Lexa yelled. 'Yeah!' The blonde yelled back. 'Hurry!' Lexa yelled. 'No!' Clarke yelled back. Lexa went to the bedroom. She found her girlfriend still in bed. Lexa groaned. 'Get out. You have to be there in thirty minutes.' Lexa said. Now Clarke groaned. Lexa attempted to pull Clarke out of the bed, but Clarke grabbed Lexa and pulled her on top of her. 'Five minutes.' Clarke said. She pouted. 'Fine.' Lexa said. She laid down next to the blonde and pulled her closer to her. 'You're annoying.' Lexa said. Clarke chuckled. 'I know.' She said. Lexa rolled her eyes and then kissed the blonde's forehead. 'You're so lazy.' Lexa said. 'I know that too.' Clarke said. 'Now get out.' Lexa said. 'No, that wasn't five minutes.' Clarke said. Lexa didn't listen. She got up and threw the blankets off Clarke's body. 'No.' The blonde whined. 'Come on.' Lexa said. She picked up her girlfriend and carried her to the kitchen. 'I made you breakfast.' Lexa said. 'You should've said there was food earlier.' Clarke said. Lexa chuckled. She shook her head. 'Idiot.' She whispered. 'Your idiot.' Clarke said. Lexa rolled her eyes and then started brushing Clarke's hair. 'I can do that myself you know.' Clarke said. 'Yes but you're late.' Lexa said. 'Sure. That's the reason.' Clarke said. Lexa rolled her eyes and continued brushing Clarke's hair. She put it up in a ponytail and left two pieces out. Lexa left the kitchen. 'Where are you going?' The blonde asked. 'Getting clothes for you.' Lexa said. 'You're late remember.' She added. Clarke chuckled. She finished her breakfast when Lexa came back with her clothes. She was holding ripped jeans, a white tank top and a red flannel. Lexa went to the hallway to put on her coat. Suddenly she felt arms around her waist. 'Clarke. We're late.' Lexa said. 'You're annoying.' Clarke said. 'I'll cuddle with you all day after we get that dress.' Lexa said. 'Promise?' Clarke asked. 'Promise.' Lexa said. 'Come on let's go, or we will be late.' Clarke said. Clarke grinned. Lexa scoffed. Clarke grabbed Lexa's hand. Lexa looked to her side and smiled.

'Here you go, the dress you wanted.' The woman said. 'Thank you.' Clarke replied. The woman handed her the dress and Clarke paid for it. She turned around. 'And do you like it?' Clarke asked. 'I do.' Lexa said. Clarke grabbed Lexa's hand. The store wasn't far from Lexa's house, so they walked. Clarke entered the house first. Lexa entered the living room and Clarke tackled her. Lexa laughed. 'You said you would cuddle with me all day.' Clarke said. 'I did.' Lexa said. Almost all of Lexa's belongings were already packed in boxes. In the last week of summer break they would all move to their new cities. No more Arkadia. Clarke and Lexa share their dorm with four other people at their new college. Two of them are Octavia and Raven, they didn't know the other two yet. 'Have you started packing?' Lexa asked. 'No.' Clarke said. 'Clarke!' Lexa said. Clarke chuckled. 'Of course I have.' Clarke said. Lexa groaned. 'You are so annoying.' Lexa said. 'But you love me.' Clarke said. Lexa groaned again. 'Yes I do.' Lexa said.

'Lexa if you want me to take you and Clarke with me, you two should hurry!' Lincoln yelled. 'Coming!' Lexa yelled back. 'How do I look?' Lexa asked. 'Gorgeous as always.' Clarke said. 'You too. Now let's go.' Lexa said. Clarke kissed Lexa's cheek and then grabbed her hand. They walked downstairs. 'Lexie you look beautiful.' Lincoln said. Lexa smiled. 'Clarke you look beautiful too.' Lincoln added. 'Thank you.' Clarke said. 'Now let's go. Octavia and Raven are waiting.' Lincoln said.

They all arrived at the school. 'I actually don't even like prom.' Lexa said. Clarke chuckled. 'Me neither to be honest.' Clarke said. 'I don't think anyone likes it.' Raven said. They all laughed. This would be the last time they would all see each other. Murphy and Emori are not going to the same college as the rest. Lincoln would leave them too.

'I want you all to find a partner and dance!' A man shouted. His name is Bryan or something. He's a teacher. The youngest. Lexa took Clarke's hand and pulled her closer. 'Hey beautiful.' Lexa said. Clarke smiled. 'Hi.' Clarke said. Her voice was soft. 'Clarke, Lexa, no friend dancing. I said, a partner.' Bryan said. 'Excuse me?' Clarke said. She scoffed. Just because they're both girls doesn't mean they're just friends. 'It's a tradition at this school. The last dance will be with a partner. No friends.' Bryan said. Clarke scoffed. 'Lexa and I have been dating for two years.' Clarke said calmly. Bryan was shocked. 'That's not possible.' He said. 'It is. Now leave us alone.' Clarke said. 'No!' He shouted. His shouting made several people turn around and stare. 'What do you mean no?' Clarke asked. She raised her voice slightly. 'You are not allowed to do that!' He said. 'Do what?' Clarke asked. 'Dating girls.' He said. Clarke was about to punch him in the face when Lexa stopped her. 'Clarke no.' Lexa said. 'Let me handle it.' Lexa said. Clarke nodded and took a step backwards. 'Why can't she?' Lexa asked. 'Give me a good reason.' Lexa said. Bryan stutters. 'Uhm.' He says. 'Exactly. There is no good reason why she shouldn't, now go back to what you were doing and I don't mean being homophobic by that.' Lexa said. Lexa looked directly in his eyes. Bryan left. Lexa turned around. 'Are you okay?' She asks. 'Yeah.' Clarke says. 'Come on let's just go.' Lexa says. 'No we're going to dance. Some homophobe isn't going to steal the last dance from me.' Clarke says. Lexa chuckles. She takes Clarke's hand and guides her to the middle. Clarke looks into Lexa's eyes. 'I love you.' She whispers. 'I love you too.' Lexa whispers.