17

an extra chapter because it's Sinterklaas!

NEXT DAY

Pov Daan

I hear the door opening, I open my eyes and see Tess standing. "hey Tess, what's wrong?" "I feel sick." "ahw come here." she climbs on the bed. I look at the clock and see it's 4 o'clock. "do you have pain?" she nodded. "where?" She pointed at her stomach and her ear. "ah, Beth wake up." Beth slowly wakes up. "what's wrong?" "Tess feels really bad." i say. "uhm should I pick a suppository?" I nodded, Beth stood up and pick it. She came back with it. "uhm Tess can you lay down so I can give a suppository?" "okay." She whispers, and lay down. Beth gives it to Tess. "Tess come here, we try to sleep a bit again." she nods and lay down against me. I give her a kiss. "sleep well." she closes her eyes. Beth came back and lay down at the other side of Tess.

~

"mommy." I hear Tess whispering. "yes what's wrong?" "I can't sleep anymore." I look at the clock and see it's 5.30. "oh shall we go downstairs?" She nods. I stand up, and pick her up. I walk with her in my arms downstairs, and sit down on the couch. "do you feel already a bit better?" she shakes her head. "ahw, still your stomach and your ears?" She nods. I think I have to call the doctor today, because this isn't good. I let Beth sleeping, because she was tired. I put on the television, and put on Dora. I want some coffee. "Is it okay if i make some coffee for myself, and after that i comeg back?" "noo." She cried. "he shh shh." I stand up with her in my arms. and made coffee for myself, and made some lemonade for Tess. "I'm not thirsty." "but you have to drink a bit." "no, that hurts." "It helps to drink somthing with the pain." "okay." I walked with her back to the couch, and sit down.

~

It's now 2 hours later, and Tess is finally asleep. She is really sick. I hear the door opening, and see Beth standing. "how is it with her?" "well i sit here with her since 5.30, and she's now aleep for about 30 minutes. I think we have to call de doctor." "oh, why didn't you wake me up?" "because you were tired yesterday." "yes that's true. Shall I call the doctor?" Beth aks. I nod. "Yes that's okay." she called the doctor. She wants to see Tess, so we have an appointment with the doctor at 10 o'clock. "I'll change myself." I say and walk upstairs.

Pov Beth:

I sit on the couch with Tess. It's really sad that Tess is sick. We go to the doctor in 2 hours. I walk to the kitchen to make some breakfast for me and Daan. We have training at 2.00, but I don't know if one of us stay at home with Tess, or that she can lay on there couch or something on the club. Daan and I have to talk about that.

~

it's now 9.30 so we have to go. "Shall we wake her up there?" I ask. Beth nods. I pick Tess up, and walk to the car. I put her in her carseat, and we drive to the doctor. When we arrive, we walk inside. "Hello, we come here for Tess." i say. "yes I see it, you can sit there in the waitroom." I nod and sit down on a chair in the waitingroom. "Tess wake up." she slowly wake up. "we are bij the doctor." She nods. immediately the doctor walks in. "Tess?" We nod and walk after the doctor in a other room. We sit down on a chair, Tess on my lap. "So what's wrong?" "uhm well, Tess is sick. She have high fever and pain in her ears and stomach." I say. "okay, uhm how high was her fever?" "uhm the last time it was 38.8 but that was last night." "okay, i'll first look at her temperature, and then look at her ears and then her stomach. She can sit on your lap, when i look at her ear, but if i look at her stomach, she have to lay at the table." "that's okay." she walks over to me with the thermometer. "which ear hurts." "left one the most." i say. She put the thermoter in the ear of Tess. "it's now 39.3. I'll now look in her ears."

Tess is crying. "shh shh." "they are inflamed, so I give you so drups to do that in her ears." the doctor says. "oh okay." "now you can lay her on the table." I lay her down.

Tess cries again. "okay I know it, she haves a stomach flu and inflamed ears, so here you have the eardrups. Did you give her paracetamols or something?" "yes we gave her some suppository's." "oh yeah that's okay. Just keep that on. And give her the drups, and she will feel better." she says. I nod. "do you have any other questions?" "no, thanks." "no problem." We stand up and walk outside. We have the drups with us. She need it 2 times a day, and 3 drups. I place Tess in her carseat, and we drive to our home. When we arrive, I pick Tess up and walk with her inside, and sit down on the couch. Tess already fell asleep, while we drived home. "uhm, I don't think it's a good idea to bring her with us to the club." Daan nods. "yeah indeed, I can stay with her home, so that you can train and we can switch it tomorrow if she is tomorrow still sick." Daan says. I nod. "yes that's okay. I'll change my self in my training chlotes." I say as I walk upstairs to get changed.