038. barbie says you're a piece of shit

-ˋˏ 𝐀𝐌𝐁𝐈𝐓𝐂𝐇𝐈𝐎𝐔𝐒 ˎˊ-

↳ chapter thirty-eight „· ━━━━━━ ୨💌୧ ━━━━━━ ·❝ barbie says you're a piece of shit ❞

· ━━━━━━ ୨💌୧ ━━━━━━ ·
❝ barbie says you're a piece of shit ❞

-ˋˏ irl! ˎˊ-

Under the dim glow of the moonlight seeping through the window of his bedroom, Dream lay still, his mind a whirlwind of restless thoughts.

The memory of that pivotal moment where he had laid bare his feelings to Malak, played on an endless loop, each word and gesture etched vividly in his mind.

"Is there something you want to hear?" she had said and he had crumbled.

He could almost feel the tremor in his voice and the knot in his stomach as he navigated the fragile terrain of his emotions.

Her unblinking expression, the flicker of confusion mingled with something he couldn't quite decipher, lingered like an unresolved chord, haunting him in the quiet of the night.

Regret and uncertainty intertwined as he scrutinized every nuance of her reaction, dissecting the subtle shifts in her gaze and the fleeting changes in her posture. Did he read too much into that unwavering stare, or was there a hint of acknowledgment hidden beneath her confusion?

He questioned the timing of his confession; she was ill, suffering from a bad fever and a terrible migraine, she was probably in no state to hear what he had to say. Therefore, he did not blame her for not registering what he had said, for not remembering.

As he lay there, trapped in the maze of his thoughts, he longed for a glimmer of sleep to shatter the relentless loop of uncertainty that kept him captive, tossing and turning in the quiet solitude of his bed every night since he handed her his heart.

As the weariness tugged at his eyelids, Dream found himself teetering on the edge of sleep, the remnants of his turbulent thoughts gradually ebbing away, when his phone suddenly lit up with a new notification.

-ˋˏ twt! ˎˊ-