20 || reunion

AFTER MAYA GAVE ME THE IPOD, SHE LED ME BACK TO THE DORM AND I SPENT THE WHOLE NIGHT LISTENING TO DIFFERENT SONGS FROM BEFORE THE BOMBS.

I woke up the next morning feeling lonely. I missed my friends more than anything. Actually, no. I missed my family. I missed Bellamy, I missed Octavia, I missed Jasper, Monty, Harper, Jess, Clarke, even Murphy. I pushed away the thoughts in the back of my head telling me they might not have made it through the war and held on to the tiny piece of hope I had.

It was early and I didn't know my way around the mountain so I figured it was best to just stay in the dorm for the time being. The iPod was surprisingly easy to use and I found a case for it that had a solar powered charger, so that if I used it on the ground, I wouldn't need electricity for it.

I put the earphones into my ears as I switched switched on the pink iPod and a song I hadn't heard before started playing. I liked the sound of it and tapped my foot to the beat.

The first few words of the song started playing and I checked the name of it on the small screen. It read I'm Just a Kid - Simple Plan. The chorus started playing and I immediately realized how ironic the song was and how much I related to it.

"I'm just a kid and life is a nightmare. I'm just a kid and I know it's not fair..." 

As the song finished, I could faintly hear the opening of the door through my earphones. I turned my head and immediately ripped the earphones out of my ears, abandoning the iPod on the chair I was sitting on and sprinted to the doorway.

Maya had walked in with a group of people. Jasper, Monty, Harper, Jess, and Fox among them. I wrapped my arms around Harper first since she was at the front of the group.

"Woah, hey, kid," She laughed and stumbled back a bit from the force of my hug before returning the gesture. We finally pulled away from the hug and I went and hugged everyone else.

"Glad you're okay," Jasper smiled and patted me on the head.

"You too," I couldn't wipe the smile off my face.

"That was pretty badass what you did the other night," Monty praised. I saw Maya pull an uncomfortable, awkward face at his words.

"What did you do the other night?" Jess asked curiously.

I was ashamed to tell them. I ended people's lives. I didn't really feel guilty about it but I definitely wasn't proud of it either. What if those people had families?

When Monty saw my hesitation he decided to speak up. "Well, when we were out looking for Clarke and Finn, the people from here came to capture us and Tahlia fought off three of them at once. You guys should've seen her, she was all like," And he started imitating some kind of fight with Jasper, making grunting noises and punching the air.

Everyone was dressed much nicer, the boys all wore collared shirts and slacks and the girls all wore skirts or nice pants and cardigans.

"Wow, what a badass," Fox smirked.

Everyone else got settled into the dorm, choosing their beds and whatnot. A few more people ended up getting cleared from quarantine. I was feeling really sad because Bellamy, Finn, Raven and Octavia weren't there. They were probably just in quarantine though so I didn't bother asking anyone.

We were all in the Mess Hall as Keenan was just finishing up telling everyone about Mount Weather and giving them all info packs when the doors opened yet again.