The Fine Art of Bullshit

We manage to get home by noon. I don't get to stay home for long before I am running around to get things done. Somehow Charlie had managed to get an appointment tomorrow but I couldn't go. I tried to see if I could but Sam needs my help so I have to see if I can get this mess solved before any other appointments happen.

"Come on Koa, I know I have been gone for almost two months but I know that William and Grosvenor have been training you until I got back."

He turns around, "I know... I'm sorry I can't focus today."

I have noticed that. If he wasn't looking at his bag that has his phone in it or looking over at the kid Sophie is training then I would have thought it was just a long day for him. I mean, it probably has been. Geez, he reminds me of myself at times. I think I'll call it a day, he needs a break, and I want to go home so I can eat dinner and hopefully go to bed.

I look over to the side and smirk, "Go talk to him... I think we can pick up tomorrow."

"What?!"

I turn around, "I know the look, now go."

It isn't that hard. I grew up with Skyler, Bruce, and I'm bisexual. It isn't hard to spot another bisexual, whether he knows it or not is another story. I shouldn't assume he is bi though. I just hope he knows he doesn't have to hide anything from me. I could have sworn that he was dating Clare but I have been gone for a while. It doesn't feel like I have been gone that long though.

I get back home and Charlie comes over to me with a smile, "What are you thinking about?"

I smile a bit and wrap my arms around her, "Something..."

"Like what?"

"Koa got distracted today... Just like I did the first time I saw you."

She smiles at me, "Hmm... I remember that day."

"Cami..." Bruce looks at me, "I should have called beforehand but it seems that Charlie was able to help me."

I watch him leave before getting dinner and Charlie looks at me, "So what were you thinking about?"

"Koa," I get up to see who is at the door when the doorbell rings, finding Koa standing there, "speaking of the devil." I stop when I see the look on his face, "Who do I have to kill?"

Charlie comes over, "Camilla," she slaps my shoulder and I move out of the way, "come on in Koa. I'll get some tea."

I shut the door and sit down on the couch, looking at Koa. The usual bright smile that he has on his face is gone. I don't like this. Someone did something that upset him and I'm going to find out who it is and they aren't going to like me. My god, I sound like an overprotective sister. I mean, I am... But still.

Charlie places a cup in front of him before sitting next to me, "Want to talk about it?"

He looks up at me, tears welling up in his eyes, "I need a place to stay tonight. Is it alright if I crash here? I can sleep-"

"No problem, I'll make sure that the guest room is set up. You are not sleeping on the couch," Charlie leans over to me, "I am sure you can handle this."

She gets up and walks out. Leaving Koa and me there in the silence. Here is the problem, I won't say anything until he does. I know what to say and I am sure I have an idea of what happened. However, I normally wait for someone else to say something in a situation like this, especially when I know they have something else to say.

When he doesn't say anything I sit criss-cross applesauce, why did my mom have to drill that into our heads, and look at him, "Who did you tell?"

He looks at the cup on the table, "Is it that obvious?"